Thursday 27 February 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #65 - Card No. 1

I have never been so excited to make some cards before. On Tuesday night I was looking at the CAS(E) this Sketch #65 Challenge sketch and suddenly had not one but two ideas for cards. 
I started cutting it out straight after school yesterday and then after everyone was tucked up in bed, I was back into it again. I couldn't wait to get it finished.
It turned out EXACTLY  how I imagined, so I'm really pleased with it. As you can see its basically just lots of white cardstock with the sentiment stamp from my ever faithful Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments' and the heart stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'I only have eyes for you' with my usual combo of Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents. I didn't even manage to get the cardstock dirty or smudged, amazing!!!

I have another card to add to this challenge, so will do the post for that right now!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Too cute...I love those sweet little envelops, a fabulous take on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so sweet! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it, Shona ... glorious white on white with just a pop of colour ... stunning! Did you check out CAS-ual Fridays Blog? You won a stamp set or Fri-die in the new DT announcements! Enjoy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shona, you asked me some questions about my strawberry watercolour card (but you don't have an email attached to your profile) so I'm responding here. ;-) I used watercolour paper to add the inks and mixed with water, then I white embossed the strawberries on top. I buy thick watercolour paper from the art supplies shop, it holds its shape better. Oh, and this card with the little envelopes is super cute! Very clever idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete