Monday 3 February 2014

Addicted to CAS Challenge

Have just been going thru all the blog update emails I get each day. I find its the easiest way to see what people are adding to their blogs. One of the crafters' was showing a card she had linked to the Addicted to CAS #31 Challenge. When I looked at the blog page and at all the cards that had been added, I knew this would be the perfect challenge for me!!

I've noticed that my cards have changed alot in the six months I've been doing this. I seem to be leaning more towards the clean and simple aesthetic, than frilly and layered. Who knows though what my cards will be like in another six months??
This is the first card I came up with on Saturday afternoon. I absolutely love my Teresa Collins 'Family Stories' 6x6 pad. Have been dying to use this lovely pink patterned background paper for a while. I played with my hole punches and thought maybe I could make the hearts pop out a bit?? So the hearts are all on foam squares, while the sentiment is glued directly to the card.

I then thought maybe the hearts would look great on a white card on their own....
For some reason the hearts didn't quite work how I thought they would, they needed some sort of background. I used paper from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic' 6x6 pad for the strip and also the two plain pink hearts. The stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'Only have eyes for you' clear stamp set.

I always get so nervous when trying to make a card with only the ideas in my head. Its always a bonus when I like what I have created!

Everyone in bed. Kids back to school today after six weeks on holiday. I was exhausted so after dropping them off, I came home, vacuumed, tidied up, put out the washing and then watched 5 episodes in a row of 'The Walking Dead - Season 3' on DVD. Brilliant!! 

Back to cleaning etc tomorrow.......

Take care
Shona


 

No comments:

Post a Comment