Wednesday 20 November 2013

Holiday Card Workshop - Day 4




Well, Day 4 is my absolutely favourite so far as it uses the Lawn Fawn Peace Joy Love stamp set and papers that I actually own! The day was all about extending the usage of your stamps. The first card was about layering your stamping and embossing. Shari did two cards that looked great but I don't have any embossing equipment. I did try to layer the tree stamps but the colours I have didn't look right being overlapped. So I just did a line of them and stamped the joy with my light grey stamp and used good old Glossy Accents. She also did another type of card but I ran out of time last night to try it out. Will try tonight.....



Shari also talked about curving stamps. I tried out with my 'be merry' and 'xmas lights' and they don't look too bad. I tried to have a go at her curved cardstock idea but realised that when I stuck it all together, that the white part on top was supposed to be the other way around, one there was a curve one way, then the other. Was disappointed but its kind of grown on me. And so nice to finally have a decent black ink pad. Got my hands on Memento Tuxedo Black and its just as good as everyone says!!

Am off now back to the school for my son's athletics day. Been there for past 3 hours, came home to put on washing and do this post. There are still lots of different cards to try from Day 4 and will have a go at those tonight and post in the morning.

Take Care
Shona
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on these! Your curved card is especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jean!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete