Monday 1 April 2019

CASology Challenge Week #336 - Entry no. 2

Me again!! I was having so much fun colouring images for the current CASology Challenge that I ended up by making two cards that are similar but I used different inks, so thought I better blog them separately!!





For this card I desperately wanted to use one of my favourite whale images, which combines a whale with flowers....what could be better:
 

The more I look at this, the more I think the background looks like space or the sky with clouds etc. I've never even tried to make a galaxy background before (way to complicated for me) but maybe I can call this my version of one!

I started by stamping the 'Flower Whale' from Lesia Zgharda Design using Gina K Amalgam ink in black on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured it with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out.

Using a panel of TAD watercolour CS, I brushed on a huge amount of water. I then smooshed Distress Inks 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Salty Ocean', 'Peacock Feathers' and 'Chipped Sapphire' on to my Tim Holtz Glass Mat. I then put a very wet brush into a colour and touched the tip to the panel all over in random places, letting the colour bleed. I keep alternating the colours until they all bled together. To finish off I flicked over some Gansai Tambi 'Light Gold' watercolour paint for some shimmer. 
 
 
I also made another card here where I used Distress Oxide inks in the same way. They both look so different and I can't choose a favourite!

After drying the paint with my heat gun, I used a Studio Katia 'Stitched-oval Die' to die-cut the middle of the panel. I also used the same die on the front of my card base. I adhered a panel of white CS behind the hole so I could inlay the painted piece. The whale and sentiment (from the Rosie's Studio 'Make a Splash' stamp set) were popped on foam tape, and I glued on a few Neat and Tangled sequins for a bit more sparkle. 

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Right, its time for bed and Netflix!! Not much card making time for the rest of the week I'm afraid. The weather is fine till next Monday and I have alot of gardening to fit in. The rain is fabulous but boy does it makes the weeds grow!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your flowered whale. Such fun! And, your wonderful watery background is fabulous. I do see it could be used as a night time sky as well. Very versatile. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whale image really is gorgeous, Shona, and that background is perfect for sky or sea! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, am I glad it rained because this is fabulously beautiful. I see a sure winner. The coloring is astounding. You nailed this one, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Shona - it's a fabulous card!! The whale image is amazing - I can see why you love it. Yes, the rain surely gets the grass and weeds growing!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! Wow! At first I thought this was paper pieced, but it sounds like the floral is part of the image. It's beautiful. The whole design is beautiful. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete