Wednesday 24 April 2019

The Cats Pajama's Challenge #356 - Entry no. 2

I don't feel well, in fact I feel like someone has run over my body with a bus...well actually not my whole body, just all my muscles and joints. I don't have a runny nose or bad cough like the kids had but there's some sort of virus playing havoc with my 'system' and unfortunately having Fibromyalgia makes it a billion times more painful. What's even more frustrating is that the sun is shining and I can't enjoy it!!





Luckily on Easter Sunday I had a card making marathon and made another entry for this months The Cats Pajama's Challenge where their theme is all about 'Spring':


Spring time in NZ is usually still pretty cold and wet but the sun gradually visits more often, encouraging the bulbs to grow and open. Its such an exciting time of the year!!

I started by cutting a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS the same size as the card front. Using a mini-blending tool I then coloured it with Distress Inks 'Peacock Feathers', 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Salty Ocean'. I flicked it with a wet paint brush and pressed with tissues to remove some of the colour, reminiscent of rain. Once dry I adhered it to the card front.

Using the circle die that comes with The Cats Pajama's 'Round Tree Die Set', I cut some white CS and blended Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' for some sunshine. I stamped the bear/duckling image from The Cats Pajama's 'Family Forever' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam ink on white CS and coloured with Altenew Artist Markers. I fussy cut them out and put them on the yellow circle with foam tape. The circle was then popped up on a piece of white foam.

The sentiment (from the same TCP set) was white heat embossed on black CS and attached to the circle, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'All about Circles'.

 

Time to lay back down on the couch again and watch some more 'Veep'. The kids are pretty quiet today. Phoebe has a friend coming around later and they are going to see the new Avengers movie tonight. Max and I really want to go too but we don't want to go with the rest of the town, will wait for the excitement to die down first (and for me to feel better).

Tomorrow is Anzac Day and a public holiday, a day to remember people who fought for our country. I might be feeling sick but its nothing compared to what soldiers go thru every day fighting for freedom and the protection of others.....

Take care
Shona
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely cute card! I love the blue background and contrast with the centre of your card! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete