Monday 22 April 2019

Kat Scrappiness April Challenge

I started off today feeling like I was coming down with a cold. Its mid-afternoon now and I don't feel any worse but don't feel any better which is a bummer. Hopefully I'll go to bed tonight and wake up feeling my 'kind of normal' self!!

The challenge this month at Kat Scrappiness is all about 'Pastels'. I use pastel colours ALOT on my cards, even with my rainbow colours, so I've entered this challenge many times this month. They will be getting so sick of me in their Gallery but oh well, whats one more card right??

I received a new stamp set this week in time for the long weekend and set about colouring it how I imagined I would if I ever got my hands on it:
 

I actually coloured this one while sitting with Phoebe on her bed, watching The Conjuring on Friday night. I don't usually watercolour anywhere apart from my desk but wanted to do both things and managed to find my water brush pen, so problem solved!!

To start with I white heat embossed The Stamp Market 'Diamond Design' background stamp on some TAD watercolour CS. I then used my waterbrush and five pastel Zig Real Color Brush Pens to colour it in.

Once it was dry I decided I wanted a hole in the middle. So I used a ruler and scalpel to cut out the middle diamond shapes. I then added lots of foam tape to the back of the panel. I also cut a panel of light purple CS and adhered to the card front. Once I worked out where the window would sit, I heat embossed the sentiment (from The Stamp Market 'Framed Floral') in white and put the panel on top, along with some clear jewels from Studio Katia.

I ended up painting another one of these background stamp panels with mega bright paint. Will share that one with you later on this week, you'll need sunglasses to look at it compared to this one!!

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment