Friday 12 April 2019

Kat Scrappiness April Challenge - Entry #3

You wouldn't believe it....its raining again!! We didn't have rain for over 3 months and now its definitely making up for lost time. Today was supposed to be sunny and fine and no rain for at least a week. So I hung out all my wet washing from yesterday and did another 3 loads (6 in total). All was going well until I realised at lunchtime it was raining and it hasn't stopped. So now I have washing hanging all around my lounge room, in my garage and in the washing basket to be washed again tomorrow. If only we had a dryer!!!!

Yesterday I shared with you all a card using my new Funky Fossil Designs 'Chubby Unicorns' stamp set. While I'm sitting here surrounded by washing I thought I could do with a colourful, cute pick-me-up, so here is my next unicorn card:
 

Isn't he so cute and chubby!! So in love with these designs and they are really easy to fussy cut out which is a bonus for me!

I started by using my new Funky Fossil Designs 'Round in Flowers' stencil on the card front and used Distress Oxide ink 'Tumbled Glass' to colour it in. I then stamped the unicorn on TAD watercolour CS a few times with Versafine black ink and immediately clear heat embossing. I then used a rainbow of Distress Inks to colour the body of the unicorn, leaving his mane and tail white. And I used Gansai Tambi 'Blue Gold' to colour the horn. 

After fussy cutting the unicorn out I popped him on some foam tape. I then stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black over the stencil and glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'No Designer Paper'. This is my 2nd entry.



Dave had to drive to Christchurch today for a meeting (4.5hrs each way) so Phoebe decided to go with him. Its the final day of school before two weeks of holidays, so she wasn't missing much. She just sent me a msg to say she purchased some AirPods, so she's very excited. I'll stick to my corded ear phones for now, I would lose those little pods in 5 minutes and at $280 a pop, I definitely can't afford to do that!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shona what a sweetie - love your card. My Grandies also had yesterday off as the family is down with colds... just hope they are not generous with it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it always the way...I've decided weatherpeople are never right. But you did get one totally precious card out of it. These chubby unicorns seem to be calling to me.
    Yikes! $280 for earpods...Wow.

    ReplyDelete