Thursday 26 September 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #1

Hi everybody. Its been an absolutely crazy week here, hope yours has been more mundane than mine! 

After Max started coming down with the flu Friday night, it really hit him hard and he's been off school all week. The funny thing is he will finally be getting better just in time for his two week school holidays. We finally got our concrete path's poured on Wednesday, which meant I had to spend the afternoon at my Mum's with our dog Bella so she didn't walk on the concrete. The house painter started this week, well he managed one day before having to miss the last two because of the concreting. I haven't been gardening all week and won't be tomorrow either, as Max is still to sick to go back to school and I have the plumber coming for our blocked kitchen sink AND the SKY TV guy coming to fix it again after fixing it three weeks ago. I tell you, I need a holiday!!!!





I've also given up on the whole laminator debacle. I purchased a cheap one last Wednesday and everything got jammed in it, so took it back and got another one on Friday and it did the same thing. I thought maybe it was something to do with the pouches so took them back on Sunday but they worked fine in their machine. So yesterday (Wednesday) I took the machine back again and tried it in the shop before I left. They put two pouches thru and both were perfect. I tried it this morning, it jammed. Two were fine then it jammed again. I don't have the energy to take it back again, so frustrating but will just live with it!

Thank you for letting me rant, will now finally get to my card!! The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Anything Goes'. I finally tried out a technique with my laminator that I saw on Jennifer McGuires YouTube Channel and put together with my new Mama Elephant goodies:


If you haven't watched Jennifer's video, I really encourage you to take a look. Its all about putting pouches through with embossing powder, glitter etc and sealing them in the plastic. This is the whole reason I bought a laminator!!



I started off by stamping the images from the Mama Elephant 'Fuzzy Hugs' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I then die-cut the Mama Elephant 'Winter Forest Cover Die' twice from white CS and twice from dark grey CS and gluing same colours together for some dimension.


On each card front I blended some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' to create the sky. I added some white embossing powder to one pouch and put thru the laminator and cut two panels to glue behind the forest dies. These were then adhered to the card fronts.  All I had to do then was pop the images on foam tape and stamp the sentiments (from the same ME set) on white CS, back with black CS and put on foam tape as well. To finish off I glued on some Studio Katia Pearls in 'Arctic Breeze' and 'Prismatic Sky'.

This is such a cool technique and there are so many different things you could put in the pouches. Hoping to play around with a few ideas this weekend. I'm off to bed to relax and catch up on the rest of Jennifer's videos. Wonder what she will have me buying next???.....

Take care
Shona
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful cards Shona - and what a week you are having! To clear blocked drains, use baking soda and white vinegar - I have yet to have it fail, even on outside drains!
    Hope the laminator debacle is now over, for your sake :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Max is still sick. Sending good thoughts for his recovery. Saw these on IG and was thrilled that you were able to get Jennifer's technique to work. It really adds so much to your precious, sweet scenes. Such adorable, wintry cards. Now, I suppose I'll have to try it, too. You & Jennifer have a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete