Sunday 15 September 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge

After rain all day yesterday and all night, it finally stopped raining at lunchtime today. Everything is so mushy so you can't really go and do much outside. So the kids and I decided to go to the movies and see 'The Angry Birds Movie 2'. It was very cute, funny and as always the popcorn was divine!! I also purchased the latest 'Pet Semetary' movie on DVD today, so will watch that tonight with the kids too. May as well make the most of horrible, cold days....





I'm still slowly making my way through a lot of my new stamps and dies. I finally created two cards with my new Studio Katia goodies and with the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge having the theme 'Stamp It', I thought it was a great chance to share them with you:
 


This is the scene I immediately thought of when I saw this die. I created two cards, both the same design but with different plant images and colours.


For each card I started off by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front. I then die-cut the Studio Katia 'European Window' die from each one. The die also cuts a frame around the window so I cut one from yellow and blue CS for each card.

After working out where the window opening would sit on the card front, I blended Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean and 'Tumbled Glass' on to one card and 'Worn Lipstick', 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Mustard Seed' on to the other. I adhered the die-cut panel on to each card front and then glued in the coloured frames and windows themselves using Gina K Connect Glue.

On some white CS I stamped plant images from Studio Katia 'Potted Flowers' and 'Cactus Hugs' using Gina K Amalgam black ink and coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers. I used the matching dies to cut the cactus plants and fussy cut the others. I grouped them in three on each window sill and glued them in place.

For the sentiments I white heat embossed on black CS using one from Studio Katia 'Cactus Hugs' and one from Studio Katia 'Floral Wreath'. These were popped up on foam tape and I glued on some Studio Katia Pearls in co-ordinating colours.

Its Sunday night here and I'm so tired. I've just started colouring images for lots of Halloween cards for next month (have all sorts of gory ideas....) so will set myself up in bed with my images and markers, while I watch 'Mindhunter' on Netflix. I was fascinated with the FBI and the Behavioral Science Unit when I was younger, reading lots of books, especially by John Douglas. For some reason I didn't see this programme listed on Netflix so I'm totally immersed in it now. I know its not everyone's cup of tea but so fascinating to me as to what makes these horrific people tick. And maybe its good to watch it while I think of Halloween cards too......

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Just plain charming... no other word for it. Love how you did different backgrounds for each. Totally changes the design. I like procedural shows as well. Will have to look this one up on Netflix. Can't wait to see what that mind of yours comes up with for Halloween

    ReplyDelete