Wednesday 26 June 2019

Wool wrapped die-cut frames!!

Hi everyone!! Its been a strange day today. An extremely frosty and -3 degrees celcius start to the day. I was starting late as I was taking Max to an Orthodontist appointment to see if he needs braces like his sister (and he does.....) when I got a phone call from the lodge where Phoebe was staying for a school camp. She was very sick, nauseous and faint and Dave had to drive 1.5hrs there and back to bring her home. She is actually much better now (we think it was a migraine without the head pain) so Dave is going to drive her back in the morning, so she doesn't miss the next two days. So I didn't go gardening after all!!

It was a good chance though to FINALLY finish off some cards I had started weeks ago and just needed to put them together. I was inspired yet again by the fabulous Channin Pelletier with her YouTube Video where she wraps die-cuts with wool. I spent weeks trying this out and loved the process, its quite relaxing:


I already had a few balls of wool but had to go searching around town to get a few more colours to create a rainbow. I've just managed to find some purple and orange, so need to do another one!!

I used some rectangle dies from Couture Creations to cut two frames from white CS. I glued them together with Gina K Connect Glue (for a bit more stability) and then the fun began! 

To try and keep everything even I worked out how many colours I wanted to use and marked with a pencil each colour area. I used a hot glue gun to start off the first colour and from there I was able to capture the end of one colour with the start of a new one. The only tricky places were the corners, where I needed to use the glue gun to hold the end of the wool in place.

I loved the subtle background of the cards Channin used in her video. I don't own any background dies that emboss like that but remembered I had these MFT 'Basic Stitch Lines' dies and created a pattern on the card front. The frame was adhered with double-sided tape. I gold heat embossed the sentiment (from The Stamp Market 'Scripty Sentiments') on a piece of white CS and added a double layer of foam tape to the back of it. And of course I had to add some Neat and Tangled sequins to finish it off.

If you haven't seen Channin's video before, you really should check it out and she has so many other incredible ideas!!

As usual I've written this blog post instead of starting dinner, so I better get cooking. Its Butter Chicken tonight with home made Roti Bread which is my all-time favourite. And with it being so cold outside, this will definitely warm us up on the inside!! 

Take care
Shona

 

2 comments:

  1. What a great technique to add texture and colour - well done! We had a -3 oC frost this morning too - with ice on the inside of the windows :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onece again, gob-smacked...what a feast for the eyes this is. All that clean white with the burst of color the yarn provides. Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete