Wednesday 27 February 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #2

Have just come back from a meeting with Max's teacher. Its just a 15 minute meet and greet, so its good to put a face with the name. This is Max's first male teacher. He's relaxed and young, so Max is very happy indeed!!

Since I'm home early I thought I might go outside and attack my own hedges, even though it feels like I just cut them, they grow so fast. Thought I would quickly first show you these little note cards I created. I needed something small to drop into a letterbox and thought these would be perfect:
 

I didn't realise it at the time but they are actually perfect to enter the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'No Stamps Allowed'.


I started by cutting two white CS card bases 4 inches x 3.5 inches. I then cut two panels that were slight shorter from the top and bottom and die-cut the SSS 'Heart Vent' from them both.

Once I worked out where the hearts would sit over the card bases, I blended some Distress Oxide Inks to create an ombre effect, having it dark in the middle and fading out to a lighter colour. I used 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Spun Sugar' for one and 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Tumbled Glass' for the other. I put the heart panels on top with foam tape.

For the sentiment I die-cut the SSS 'Hello' die 3x from black CS, glued them together and then to the heart. I then covered them with lashings of Glossy Accents and added some iridescent jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.

Better get back into my gardening gear and grab a big drink. Its pretty warm outside now. Our one day of rain on Sunday seems a distant memory now and there is no rain in sight for at least two weeks, so better crank up the sprinkler again. Oh how I wish I could afford to put in an irrigation system!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. A great design, Shona! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're becoming a master of die usage. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Shona - love the glossified die cut thanks
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete