Sunday 10 February 2019

Playing with Concord and 9th 'Turnabout Toolkit'

Hi everybody!! Its extremely hot here again. I've just come inside after doing some gardening, so needed a sit down and a drink. The kids and I went to see an early screening of The Lego Movie 2. Was so cute and funny but think the kids are just too old for this type of movie now, which is a shame.

Last weekend I stayed with my Mum to hang out and make lots of cards. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Concord and 9th 'Turnabout Toolkit' from Krafters Cart, Auckland. It arrived on Saturday morning, so I spent most of Saturday afternoon/evening playing around with it. 

Being someone who has never used a turnabout stamp before it was extremely handy and having the temporary glue and the jig make it so much easier (and very addicting....).

I absolutely loved the end result of the floral stamp that comes with the kit but didn't use it as you would think:
 

 When I was stamping I realised that the middle of the image looked kind of cool, so die-cutting it out inspired these cards. Very different but love how they look!


For this card I combined Hero Arts 'Navy' Shadow Ink and Waffle Flower inks 'Daydreaming', 'Chirp Chirp' and 'New Fish in Pond' for the colour combo.


For this one I used Hero Arts 'Bubblegum' Shadow Ink and Waffle Flower inks 'Happy Go Lucky', 'Safe Choice' and 'Tickled Pink'.

After stamping out the turnabout images twice in both colours, I used the larger square die that comes in the kit to cut out the middle of each image. I chose a dark pink CS and a lime green CS and used the smaller square die to cut out two squares from each coloured CS. This left me with one for the sentiment and two frames which I glued on to each stamped square. 

The stamped squares were adhered to the card fronts. The coloured squares were white heat embossed with sentiments from the kit stamp set and popped up on foam tape, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Would love to hear what you think!! I have some more 'turnabout' cards to share with you over the next week or so and can definitely see this being used again and again. I got the 'Marble' turnabout stamp too and that one is amazing to experiment with. And the dies that come with the kit are super cool too!!

Think I might go and see if the kids want to go for a swim. I can hear our dog Bella panting away behind me, laying on the carpet. Will wet her with the hose to cool her down, which she doesn't like but I'm sure she appreciates the gesture. Will take her for a walk after dinner when its cooled down a bit. Supposed to be hot again all this week......I'm so happy to have the heat back!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Saw these on IG & FB and was super impressed with the design of the card. Then realized you used the turnabout jig and my mouth fell open even more. Those skinny frames around your squares really focus the eyes and I adore the colors.

    ReplyDelete