Monday 4 June 2018

Your Next Stamp Challenge #90

Do you have a particular type of card you make more than others?? I love cards with flowers and I make a lot of friendship/love you type of cards. I'm trying to make more birthday cards and ones for boys, as masculine type cards are not my forte, so its good to push myself out of the 'safety zone'....





This is the sketch for the current Your Next Stamp Challenge and as I had coloured a cute troll-boy from the 'Insanely Happy' stamp set, a boy birthday card was born:


The images from this YNS stamp set are so cute and I've used the troll-girl images before but not this little dude. I have a nephew who will have his birthday later this year, so used him as inspiration!!

To replicate the sketch, I found a piece of denim patterned paper from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Scrumptious'. I used a zig-zag border die from Pretty Pink Posh to create the shape and adhered to the card front. As he's playing a guitar I used the note stamps from the set to have his 'birthday song' floating up on to the card.

The sentiment (which is a little hard to see, not much sun on this rainy, dark day....) was stamped in black Versafine ink twice and then immediately heat embossed with clear powder. I than blended some Distress Ink 'Chipped Sapphire on it to suit the card colours. It says 'Have an insanely Happy Birthday'!!

I popped the sentiment and the boy up on foam tape and added some blue and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled for a tiny bit of shine. I hope he likes it!!

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Masculine'.



Also the little troll-boy was coloured for my Day 2 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge. I'm determined to do it every day this month. Are you doing it too??


Think I need to put some more wood on the fire. Unfortunately my craft corner is the coldest area of the house and my fingers are so cold and freezing while I'm typing this. Might have to invest in a little heater just for my area. Lately I've been taking my craft stuff and jumping into bed and making cards with my electric blanket on. So cosy.....

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. What a great card for a young boy - this is very well done Shona
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how I feel about this adorable card. Could go either way, male or female, and your little troll is perfectly colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Thanks for linking up with the Your Next Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete