Thursday 28 June 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #112

Hello there!! Another week is zooming by, hopefully yours has been warmer than mine. We passed the shortest day last week and so the morning frosts are coming thick and fast. I have to start gardening later in the day so I'm not trying to dig thru ice!!



Funnily enough our current challenge theme at TIME OUT is 'Warm', which is what I'd like to be feeling right now!! You could be inspired by the word itself, the feeling of warmth or maybe places that are warm...its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are giving the winner a $25 gift voucher!! So lucky!




My thoughts the past few weeks have been with the thousands of children in America who have been ripped from their parents trying to cross the border. I can't believe that Trump and his government are allowing this to happen and for them to be treated like animals. If I lived in America I would be trying to do all I could for these children. Its so horrific its hard to believe its happening!! So with that in mind I wanted to create a card promoting warm feelings:


Creating this background took a long time but it gave me a chance to catch up on a few tv programmes at the same time!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS slightly slimmer than the card front. I needed somewhere to put the sentiment, so before I stamped I added a strip of washi tape across it. I then used the small images from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Peace Love and Coffee' and 'Bomb Diggity' sets. I used a variety of ink colours from Hero Arts, Altenew and Waffle Flower, stamping randomly over the panel.

The sentiment (from CFS 'Peace Love and Coffee') was heat embossed on the panel in gold and then it was popped up on a piece of white foam. I then glued on a few sequins from Neat and Tangled for a tiny bit of shine.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where its their popular theme 'Anything Goes'.

 

You have until Wednesday 6th July to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your needing any ideas on how to use the theme word, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Marieke have created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the challenge and I always love pink and gold together. Superb stamping and lovely home made designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this layout...and that sweet background. Really like the way the sentiment spans the card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Shona - love your background, and fun sentiment. yes that situation in America is heartbreaking.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the thoughts behind the composition of this card. It's so pretty, and the colors are so warm and soothing. I am truly embarrassed to call myself an American these days, given what is happening to families at our border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this card, Shona, and I love your intentions in making it. Our administration here is a disgrace, and so opposite the foundation of our country. This recent situation is so horrific. Praying for the tide to turn...

    ReplyDelete