Wednesday 31 May 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 244

Hello there everyone and welcome to another week at Addicted to Stamps and More!!!  This week we have one of my favourite challenge themes:




'Clean and Simple' can mean different things to different people but basically it means one central image, hardly any embellishments and not loads and loads of layers. Lots of white space is good too but then again it doesn't have to be white either!!

For my card I was playing around with a new stamp set and decided to make a card just for my kids:
 

These child images are so sweet and they have the same haircuts as the kids did when they were younger!! Phoebe often tells me how awful she looked with her short bob but she was absolutely adorable!!!

I stamped them on white CS, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. I was going to have just them together on the card but it was a bit plain so I added a single, large die-cut heart (from a pink paint chip) and popped the kids up on foam tape over top. The sentiment was simply stamped with black ink and I just had to squeeze in a couple of sequins just because. I think they are going to love it!!

The child images are from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together' as well as the sentiment from 'Big Bold Brew'. The heart die is from CAS-ual Fridays 'Heart Board Fri-Dies'. The sequins are also from Neat and Tangled.

You have until next Wednesday 7th June to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge and if you need any ideas on how to create a 'clean and simple' project, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. So very sweet. Love this little girl and boy...reminds me when mine were young. The sentiment is poignant and the heart in the background in really clever.

    ReplyDelete