Wednesday 3 May 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 240

Hi there everyone and welcome to another week at Addicted to Stamps and More!! This week we have a fabulous photo to inspire your creativeness:



Wish I was attending this celebration, what an amazing table setting!! You can be inspired by anything in this photo, its totally up to you!

Even though my eyes were immediately drawn to those gorgeous gold balloons, I also loved the colour combo of the black table cloth, the yellowness of the gold highlights and the white surroundings and flowers. This is what I came up with:


There is just something about a white/yellow/black combo that has me returning to it again and again!!

This was pretty simple to create. I started off by stamping the solid images from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints' in yellow. I then went back and stamped the floral images (from the same stamp set) in black, not worrying too much if they lined up or not. The sentiment (from Verve 'New Beginnings') was stamped in black ink on a rectangle of white CS and I also gently added some yellow ink around the edges with a mini-blending tool. This was popped up on foam tape and I added a few yellow and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit more shine!!

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday - April (Rain and /or flowers)



Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)



AAA Card Challenge # 89 



You have until next Wednesday May 10th to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More  challenge. And if your needing any help with inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the amazing Design Team have created. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous retro looking stamps and the mustardy yellow suits it so brilliantly. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely bright and beautiful Shona and a neat and super clever take on the challenge. More stash envy here! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'd love this one. Yellow, black, white...I must have been a bee in my former life. Anyway, this is perfectly perfect. Right up my proverbial alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright and bold card, Shona. Super cool colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic colours! I love the background. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete