Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Flower Challenge - April

Hi there everyone! I can't believe its April already and its nearly the end of the first school term here in New Zealand. Its also Easter in two weeks so lots to organise. However, since its a new month that also means that its time for a new challenge theme at The Flower Challenge. This month we have a sketch to inspire you:




I know a lot of people like using a sketch to start off their design, so I hope you enjoy this one!!

For my card I was actually inspired by the sketch and another challenge that I wanted to enter:


Last month the Altenew Challenge had a colour combo of yellow, orange and dark red. I really wanted to enter as I would never normally use those colours together but it was getting close to finishing, so I decided to use this sketch just in case I didn't get it entered in time. And of course I didn't (was too busy packing for my son's school camping trip), so I'm lucky I get to use it here instead!!

I started off by cutting thin strips from some paint chips in yellow, orange and dark red, and adhering them across the card front. On a piece of white CS I stamped the leaves in grey ink and the flowers using the same colour combo from Altenew's 'Beautiful Day' stamp set. After fussy cutting them out, I arranged them on the card using double-sided tape and foam tape for a bit of dimension. And for a bit more shine I added some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until April 25th to enter your projects to The Flower Challenge and please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. We will also be back on April 15th with a reminder. Looking forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of these colours and sketch, Shona! The striped background is perfect with those fabulous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunner - a real stunner Karen! I would never put those colours together, but they work so well together. And great use of paint swatches! It's a beautifully executed card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card here Shona, just adore that stamp too, such pretty flowers ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete