Saturday 1 April 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release Blog Hop

Hello there and welcome  to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps March New Release Blog Hop!!!!!






You should have arrived here from the blog of the incredibly talented Taheerah (who is going to be a very hard act to follow.....). If not, the complete blog hop list is on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog and you can find out details about some prizes up for grabs on the hop too!!

I hope you enjoyed the Sneak Peek days showing all the new stamp sets. This hop will be showcasing those and and giving you lots of inspirational ways to use them. I have three cards to share with you today, so lets get started!


I am a HUGE fan of the 'Full on Floral' background stamp from our last release, so when I saw this new 'Floating' stamp set arrive in my letterbox I was over the moon!!

I stamped and heat embossed the balloon image on some water colour CS in gold and then water coloured using my Zig Real Color Brush Markers. Once it was dry I fussy cut it out. To create a sky background I used my mini-blending tool and 'Salty Ocean' Distress Ink to gently colour the card front. The balloon was popped on some foam tape and the sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped in black ink. I also added some sequins from the Sisterhood Sparkle 'Limited Edition' Sequin Mix for a bit of bling.


For a complete change of pace, I decided to create a masculine card (something I don't do very often) using the new 'Modern Petals' stamp set.

Using my MISTI, I stamped the 'Modern Petals' border stamp using black Versafine ink, on a panel of white CS. Each time I stamped it twice to get good coverage with the ink. I cut the panel to size and popped up on foam tape over the card front. For the sentiment I used the new 'Rad 2' stamp set, simply stamping the words on white CS strips and putting them on foam tape too. I thought I could also get away with adding some subtle shine using clear sequins from the Sisterhood Sparkle 'Limited Edition' Sequin Mix.


For my final card I created a design that could be used for a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, or to celebrate another special occasion.

I started off by cutting a panel of water colour CS the same size as my card front.  I then stamped and heat embossed in gold the star image from the 'Star of David' stamp set. Using a mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean' and 'Mermaid Lagoon' I created the ombre colouring. Once dry the panel was adhered to the card front. The sentiments, both from the new 'Mazel Tov' stamp set, were stamped and heat embossed in gold on strips of water colour CS. To soften them I gently rubbed the mini-blending tool around the edges with any remaining blue ink. The strips were popped up on foam tape and I added gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I really hope you enjoyed seeing these cards and what you can do with the new stamp sets. All of the new sets are available to purchase today and if you want to buy some of those or any other products, don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15% on your purchase!!




Right, your next stop on the hop is the spectacular Lisa who I know will knock your socks off with her cards designs. So go grab another coffee, a packet of your favourite biscuits, sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the hop!!

Take care
Shona
 

51 comments:

  1. That Modern Petals is really cool! Love the balloon too. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards :) love the backgrounds! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of your card designs. I really like how you showcased the modern petal set with such a bold black look. The blending on your last card is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the petal set in the striking bold black! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that balloon is at the top of my list.
    Love how you fussy cut and popped it off
    the card. The black/white card is
    simple and so elegant. The gold on
    the last card is a good touch.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as always, amazing cards to showcase these stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that geometric look you created by stamping the petals in black, it is awesomely CAS! That gold embossed Star of David background is also another swoon card for me! Thanks for sharing Shaona.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting to rethink the Modern Petals stamp set after seeing so many fab cards on the hop. Love the black & white. The soft bg behind your balloon is perfect. Blue and gold - what's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the way you used the modern petals with the black!! That is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards! I especially love the gold embossing over the blue background :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cards! I really love the floral balloon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--that black and white card is fantastic. What an eye-catcher. I also love the mazel tov card with the embossed stars and that lovely sentiment. Very nice. Gives me lots of ideas for b'nai mitzvah cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What stunning cards! Love them all but the black & white look you gave 'modern petals' really stole my heart ❤❤❤
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each one is totally awesome. I love how you fussy cut the Floating balloon! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific cards! Lovely, graphic and festive. Great variety using this release.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your black and white card! Super trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card designs with these new stamps. Love the floral balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards. Especially your last one with the Jewish stars in the background. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the crisp clean look of the modern petals and sentiment in black and white. My fave of the release is the Mazel Tov set- already bought it early this morning. Beautiful work on this card; it's inspired me to pull out my Star of David previously purchased and start making a batch for upcoming Bar and Bat mitzvahs coming up later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards Ahona, I am loving this Floating stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am glad you did a masculine card as I think we can all use more ideas for this. Thanks

    Cheryl Jones

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cards Shona! Love the modern petals in black!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic ideas. Love your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing cards you created. Love the modern petals stamp.
    Thanks for sharing/Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute cards. I too love that Hot Air Balioon

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the simplicity of your pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an amazing array and all so unique. Michelle must be so happy you're on her team...these are all fabulous examples of what you can do with her products.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an amazing array and all so unique. Michelle must be so happy you're on her team...these are all fabulous examples of what you can do with her products.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty! Fun to see your creative ideas with the new items! AWESOME creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous cards. I really like the black and white - very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the black and white geometric card. Really caught my eye.
    Your floral balloon card is also very pretty. I like how you cut out the balloon and made it pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lov ethe way you colored the Hot air balloon and did the bacground.And I lov ethe gold on the Mazel Tov'card, that makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cards!!! Love the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards! I love the modern petals stamp set! The versatility is endless! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the black and white!! The embossing is beautiful on the mazel tov card too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cards are beautiful! The black and white caught my attention, love the modern petals.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pretty cards! Love that hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Love all your cards! Love the floating stamp and just bought the rad stamp! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing cards!! I love the black and white one. It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  42. BEAUTIFUL Projects!! LOVE the First one especially!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely work on
    all the cards
    and I love the
    Floating balloon
    card!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous cards! Love the masculine card! I need to do more of those. That stamp set looks very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Pretty cards. I like the way you colored the air balloon. A stamp like that can look too busy but you did it in a way that complimented the intricacies. Love this line.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful cards! Love the balloon in gold and the bold, graphic take on Modern Petals.

    ReplyDelete