Wednesday 28 October 2015

Winnie and Walter - October 'Rerun' Challenge # 5 (Take Two)

I seem to have a real thing for making Halloween cards this year. Its the only time of year I can enjoy my love of horror movies and cards of the same theme. So I decided to have another go at the Winnie and Walter 'Rerun' Challenge.


For this challenge they were concentrating on the 'Moonlight' stamp set, which I don't own. But you could also be inspired by the cards created by the Design Team. This time I was inspired by a card that Shay created:


I loved the use of the bats and how the outside edge of the black card front framed the design. This is what I came up with:



I must make sure I have some bat stamps for Halloween next year but luckily I purchased some stamps that came with a bat stencil!!

Boy oh boy do I need more practice with my night-time blending!! I'm not 100% happy with this but I'm glad I threw some water on it as I love the effect with the Distress Ink. I used Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean to create my night sky on a white CS panel. After the water dried I used a mini blending tool with some black ink and sponged over the stencil. I then used the same black ink to stamp the sentiment. The panel was put on some foam tape over a black card base and I glued on some stars for some night-time sparkle.

The bat stencil and 'halloween' stamp are from Hampton Arts. The 'happy' stamp is from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' and the sequin stars are also from W&W (from the Pretty Pink Posh mix). 

I'm also going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 51 where their theme is:


Hoping its not raining tomorrow. I'm walking with Max's class and two other classes into town to go to the Art Gallery. Will take us about an hour each way, with nearly one hundred 8 and 9 yr olds it should be rather fun....Wish me luck!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

10 comments:

  1. So gorgeous - which seems a strange thing to say about a Halloween card, but that night time inking is so my taste! And I think I actually prefer the stencilled bat to any of the bat stamps I own. Thanks for your support playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm - NO you don't need more practice - YOU nailed it!!! LOve this spookalicious card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayang girl...think you've aced ink blending if this is any example. And that new stencil is definitely a keeper...love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me? More practice with your night sky? Not at all! You've got it all figured out...the blueish-purple perfect! And that bat stencil...how cool! Yes, another winner, winner!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your night sky looks absolutely amazing, Shona - love the water droplets!!! And the bat stencil is just stunning!!! This is such a wonderful and very lovely Halloween card!!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hope you had a great time with the kiddo's at the Art Gallery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. speechless
    that background really really stunning SHONA
    Genius Lady you are
    and really spooky card you have made woooowwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great night sky, Shona ... so fabulous with that swooping, spooky bat! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love your sky. thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bat is dramatic! Your night sky is lovely too, Shona. Isn't Halloween a marvelous time of year (albeit over now)?!? Love the scary movies and candy. Thank you so very much for joining in once again with our Rerun challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete