Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Challenge # 48

Its time for a new challenge theme at The Challenge. I'm sad to say its my last post being the Featured Designer for October. I've absolutely loved being part of the challenges for the past four weeks and loved seeing all the entries. Thank you again Kim for your invitation and to the team for being so welcoming. I will definitely be back to entering each week!!


So the theme for this weeks challenge is 'Wedding' and this is the inspiration photo. To be honest, I've hardly made any wedding related cards. I don't go to many weddings as most people I know are already married. So this gave me a chance to create something that hopefully a couple would enjoy:



The colour of the flowers in the photo jumped out at me straight away, as did the wooden panels in the background. So these became the basis for my design.

I started by die-cutting the frame from some wood-patterned paper and also 2x from white CS. These were all stuck together for more stability. I cut the piece of gold dotted paper to fit behind the frame and adhered it to the card front. The frame was then popped up on foam tape over top. I die-cut the flower from some patterned paper and kept all the pieces in place with some washi tape. This was glued to the frame. After cutting a thin banner from white CS, I heat embossed the sentiment in gold, added some foam tape behind it and glued the ends to the frame.

The peachy patterned papers are from My Minds Eye 'Fancy That'. The wood patterned paper is from Kaisercraft 'Happy Snaps'. The flower and frame dies are from Paper Smooches and the sentiment stamp from Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Co-ordinates'. 

You have until Sunday November 1st at Noon (PST) to link your projects to The Challenge. The Design Team have some fantastic creations on the blog to inspire you, if you need any ideas. I hope you have time to join in and can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

11 comments:

  1. So soft and beautiful. Love the subtle touch of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing soft card!!! Truly captures romance!! I am sad to see you go to Shona!!! Love peeking at your creations for The Challenge each week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and so stylish, Shona ... the gold shines beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so fabulous, Shona!!! We'll be expecting you!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Shona. Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shona! Such a lovely card! What a treat it was to have you with us as our Featured Designer at The Challenge! Your cards have all been so inspiring! I am happy you will continue to play along with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty CAS card, Shona! The flower and wood grain frame are lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crisp and really the colours you would expect on a wedding; well done! Here the same: most are married or are not going to marry... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, how stylish and elegant, Shona!!! Love the soft pink and the woodgrain frame!!! The flower is beautiful and I love that you've kept the pieces in place!!!! Such a stunning wedding card!!!!!
    Have a great Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisite. Simple and, oh so, lovely. Your clean look is only enhanced by your talent for combining patterned paper. Any Bride and Groom would love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been a fabulous GD and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see you over at The Challenge on a more regular basis. Fingers crossed! I'm with you - few occasions to create wedding cards - so when the opportunities appear, I'm often at a loss. The direction you took: marvelous! Lovely colours, pretty elements...something newlyweds will adore and treasure!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete