Friday 24 April 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 4

Well, two hours ago we had another big earthquake. The two yesterday were 4.5 and 5.0. Today's one was 6.2 and I didn't even feel it. Just like yesterday I was driving, so felt nothing. Phoebe and I were on our way to buy some underwear and Max stayed with Nana. When we got back Nana was terrified but okay and Max was relaxed. He had dived under the table straight away, so he's trained well. I had planned to spend the weekend with Mum anyway, so she is even more pleased she won't be on her own. Fingers crossed they don't get any bigger.......


I just love the Sparkle and Shine challenge. They always have fantastic inspiration and any chance to use lots of sequins is a bonus!!!

I spent quite a while fiddling around with this sketch and ended up changing my design completely! I really wanted to use some flowers and managed to make them the star of the card:



You know how much I love these flower dies. Haven't used them for a week or two just to give you a rest from constantly seeing them on my cards but was itching to get them out again!

I cut the strips of pink and yellow CS and adhered them to the card front. I then die-cut the waffle-edged square from white CS and then spent quite a while die-cutting all the pieces for the flowers. I put washi tape across the back of the flowers to keep the separate pieces together and then used double-sided tape to layer them in the corner. After stamping the sentiment in black, I popped the panel up on foam tape and added lots of colourful sequins. Such a happy, 'Spring-y' card!

The sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Uplifters' and so are the flower dies. The waffle-edged square die is from Couture Creations. The coloured cardstock is from DCWV 'Brights and Pastels'. The yellow and pink sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the light blue from Avery Elle.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Virginia's View Challenge # 14 


Curtain Call Challenge - Bouquet 


Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - April Week 3 


Right, one more card to post and then I'm off to be with my Mum. Took all my craft stuff around this afternoon, so hopefully I can make a few cards while watching some dvd's. I won't have any access to my blog, so will catch up with you all early next week!!

Take care and here's to no more earthquakes!

Shona

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you've used the die cuts. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bouquet, Shona - but I'm loving the sentiment just as much!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Shona ... and such a brilliant sentiment ... had me smiling! Hope the earthquakes stayed away! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super sweet bouqet Shone, love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! Love the way that you worked those die cut flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete