Sunday 29 March 2015

Papervine March Colour Challenge - Take 2

I love the colours for the Papervine Challenge so much, I just had to have another go. And I am so excited that my bloggie friend Monika from Creative with Monika saw my post yesterday and she too has entered. Her card is brilliant!!


I've been waiting for six weeks to get my hands on the latest stamp set from Rosie's Studio and finally found it on Friday. It has a feather stamp (which I really wanted) and a cool heart stamp made up of small triangles. While trying them all out, I came across an idea for this challenge:


This is quite a large design, so had to change from my usual card size to a 
5x5 inch square card. I stamped the feather in yellow first and then the blue second. For some reason it looks almost 3D in person, with the blue feathers looking like they are floating above the yellow. I die cut a circle from vellum and heat embossed the sentiment (from Fiskars 'Hexagon Sentiments') in gold. I applied glue in dots behind the embossed area to attach it to the card. A few Papervine enamel dots and I didn't think it needed anything else.

I'm linking this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also link to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 19 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

And will also link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 82 where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'.

We are off shortly to a memorial service to mark 100yrs since World War 1. We have a clock tower memorial in the town centre which has the names of all the men who died from Blenheim and I have two great-uncles listed there. Each night at 6pm for the past few weeks, they read out six names, a Kapa Haka group sing and a bugle player plays the last post. The kids are coming with me because I think its important for them to remember too. Even though I never met these men, I have a feeling its going to be quite moving, so better pack a few tissues just in case.......

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. amazing design and the vellum addition really rocks! And allows us to be stunned by your design. Thanks for joining us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are bussy!! Great design this way! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fresh colour combination and your perfect stamping - looks like a great feather stamp! The touch of vellum is a great way to keep the whole design light :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another CAS beauty, Shona ... the delicate vellum sentiment overlay is perfect with those dreamy feathers! Hope your service went well ... it's great that Phoebe and Max are learning about the sacrifices made by earlier generations so we can live as we do! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever you are, Shona! I love the color combo and how you placed your feathers...Love the softness of the vellum, too! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those mouth wateringly freshe colours Shona! A fantastic CAS design! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely one gorgeous card Shona! I love the colors and your feathers are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another absolutely innovative, stunning card, Shona! Six weeks of waiting is quite a while; when I order items from the US or UK, from ordering to delivery is often three weeks...or more. I always worry they've gone missing. The memorial service sounds both heart-warming and heart-melting. Taking tissues...yes!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shona
    Thanks so much for entering the PaperVine March Color Challenge.
    I love this card too!

    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  10. a fabulous inspired card, lovely! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete