Monday 9 March 2015

Fusion Card Challenge

I've already entered the Fusion Challenge with a card last week but I had this one idea that keep nagging me until I sat down and tried it out.


I really like the different colours and patterns used on the bow ties and the sketch was crying out for me to try it out. So I sat down for ages looking for pastel papers and this is what happened:

 
I just love my little flower hole punch and have used these flowers before but usually with two layers of petals. This time I kept to one and just love all the sweet, pastel goodness!

This was fiddly to make (as most of my cards seem to be.....) but super simple. I started by die-cutting the rectangle and then the windows. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and then (using millions of tiny pieces) I popped it up on foam tape on the card front. After punching each of the flowers, I bent the petals up slightly and glued each into its window. I finished them off with a matching enamel dot.

The rectangle and window dies are from Pretty Pink Posh. The flower punch is from Fiskars. The enamel dots are from Papervine and the sentiment from Rosies Studio. Five of the papers are from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date' except for the bottom right blue flower which is from Carta Bella 'So Noted'.

Since I've used enamel dots for my flowers, I'm going to enter this into the House of Cards - March Challenge where their theme is:


I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Special Lady/Girly Card'.

My eyes really want to close but I've got a few more cards to post. I spent nearly five hours gardening today. The large garden I look after was all up to date two weeks ago but I went back last week and the weeds have had a party with the irrigation being fixed. So will be back there again tomorrow and the day after that etc, until I've dealt with them all!! Oh goodie.....

Take care
Shona


 

15 comments:

  1. This is such a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shona..
    I adore this window full with lovely colorfull flower and enamel dots
    you are a clever card maker and change the sketch to be like this sooo beautifully done
    I love your take on HOC challenge
    thanks for joining us this month
    hugs, Monika (HOC DT MEMBER)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful, I love all those pastel flowers. In the states we might say this is a busman's holiday. Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...double Fusion happiness. Love all the sweet patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love just the soft touch of color here, super job! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful design - with your lovely soft blooms framed in the window - thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion challenge Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, this is just SO pretty and fresh! I love your perfect use of enamel dots! hanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take Care,
    Michele, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder this got an HM at Fusion. It's a vision of pastel loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling, darling card, Shona!! Congratulations on the HM honor from Fusion!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Shona! TOTALLY in love with this fun card! Those patterned flowers are so sweet and I adore the gold embossing! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Shona ... your floral window boxes are just gorgeous ... pastel deliciousness! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card, too, Shona! I love the softness of the colors and the way you fused the challenge! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog and for following me. It sure doesn't look to me like your confidence is in trouble! Your cards have a gorgeous CAS style. It's one I admire and tend not to do very well. I even sent your blog onto another card making friend of mine who loves the CAS style, too! Hugs, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooo pretty - and perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete