Monday 10 February 2020

Uniquely Creative - You are my Sunshine

Hi everyone, its nearly dinnertime and I'm rather glad the day is nearly over. I had to miss gardening today as Max is sick with a cold and possibly now an ear infection. Taking him to the doctor tomorrow morning but he was supposed to go on a school camp with his class this Thursday and have had to change that to Sunday so he can go with another class. 

I also had to drop Bella at the Vet to have her third procedure on her ear. Her haematoma has grown back and that's because she has a severe ear infection in her other ear, including a burst eardrum. Antibiotics won't help, so today its been cleared out (under Anaesthetic) and cultures taken to see what the bacteria is....so watch this space...

Also Phoebe came home to say she also has a school camp next Monday and you have to show her teacher you have everything on the gear list by this  Wednesday. We don't camp and it took a lot to prepare Max for his trip. I now have to double up on a sleeping bag, sunblock etc, as well as a pack and they even have to bring a gas cooker, food, tent....basically EVERYTHING. I'm furious they have only given us a few days notice and I can't afford to buy all of the stuff needed. At least it was a lovely sunny day, so that's one bonus.....

Now I've had my rant, I can finally get to talking about a 'Summertime-themed' card that I created with the Uniquely Creative - December Stamp and Colour Kit which is all about Summer:


This is where I wish I was right now, with not a care in the world, a Strawberry Daiquiri in one hand and a good book in the other....

I started off by stamping the images from the 'Flamazing' stamp set that comes with the kit, as well as from the 'Lazy Days' stamp set which is an add-on, using Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS. I then coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers and die-cut out with the matching dies.

To create the beach scene I die-cut one of the 'Ocean Waves' dies from a panel of white CS. I then blended Waffle Flower 'Coffee Loves Milk' along the bottom to be the sand, and then some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' over the waves, leaving a  slight unblended area between the two. I also blended some Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' lightly at the top of the card base for the sky. The panel was adhered to the card base with glue tape.

I die-cut the 'Nesting Sun Die' from white CS, blended with Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' and glued to the corner of the card, cutting off overhanging pieces. The palm tree's were put on foam tape, along with the possum and his cocktail. The rest of the images were glued in place. I white heat embossed the sentiment (also from the 'Flamazing' stamp set from the kit) on black CS, fussy cut them out and put on foam tape, along with some 'Crystalline Sequins'. I also put some Glossy Accents on his glasses.







Better go and make dinner, the kids are fighting so maybe they are getting 'hangry'???? Will let you know how I get on with the camp palaver and Bella's ears. At least I can say my life is never boring!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Shona, and I don't blame you for wanting to be there after the school camps fiasco! That is plan rude, what is expected of Phoebe with such short notice!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez...what a day you've had. Hope Max and Bella will both feel better soon. I think schools sometimes think parents are just sitting around waiting for their next demands...I feel for you. Also, wish we lived closer to eachother because all that camping gear you mentioned is just sitting in my attic gathering dust. I'd love to donate it to a real camper.
    Anyway, love this lazy possum...so many details on this wonderful, happy card it's hard to not love it.

    ReplyDelete