Tuesday 4 February 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Fancy a brew??

Hi there!! After getting heatstroke at the weekend I was extremely excited to have it try to rain today. It hasn't rained at all this year and the few raindrops that fell felt wonderful on my skin and brought the temperature down ALOT, so sleep tonight is going to be heavenly instead of sweaty.....



I've got a card to share with you today using one of the newly released stamp sets from Funky Fossil Designs.  This was one of those situations where I have an idea for a card and I can't concentrate on any other designs until this one is created. Do you ever do that??? It will gnaw into my brain until I stamp it out, I even had dreams about it:


I'm so in love with the new 'Scandi Home A5 Clear Stamp set'. It has so many images and they all have a retro feel to them. When I saw the teapot and all the details it has with the little dots and flowers, I immediately imagined it in rainbow colours.

Using my MISTI and Waffle Flower inks I simply stamped the teapot across a panel of white CS, stamping each one a few times to get even coverage. I just used my eye to line up the images, its not perfect but I like it that way. I cut it slightly smaller than the card base and popped it up on a piece of white foam. I white heat embossed the sentiment (from Funky Fossil Design 'Pugs and Hugs') on a strip of black CS, put it on foam tape and glued on some pearls from Studio Katia.



I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Time for bed! I've got another busy day tomorrow. I've been working on a garden for months, getting it ready for a wedding this coming Friday. Still a lot of trimming and dead heading of flowers to do to make it look perfect. And its only supposed to be around 18 degrees celcius tomorrow instead of the usual 32 so that will be so much better to work in.

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment