Sunday 16 February 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #41

Hello there!! Hope you've finally made it to the weekend and are relaxing, doing some crafting. Although your probably working thru a huge list of jobs you didn't get time to do during the week (like myself....).





I was just wanting to remind you about our current theme at The Flower Challenge. This month is all about adding leaves, which usually go hand-in-hand with floral images but I quite often just use the flowers themselves, so its good to add a bit of greenery.

For this card I got a bit creative with lots of die-cutting and alcohol inks:


The few times I've used alcohol inks I've always used them as backgrounds. I was playing with some the other day for another card and it suddenly dawned on me that I could use them like coloured cardstock. That is how this flower came to be and I couldn't be more happy with it!

I started off by die-cutting some dark and light green CS with the 'Botanical Beauty' die from The Stamp Market. I think the CS is by American Crafts (I purchase it in single pieces from Warehouse Stationary, one side is smooth, the other has a slight texture to it. I used the smooth side for the outside of the leaves and the textured for the inside and glued them to the card front.

On some Tim Holtz Yupo paper I added drops of Ranger Alcohol inks in 'Watermelon', 'Salmon' and 'Flamingo'. After adding drops of Blending Solution I blew it with a straw, adding more colour and solution as I went. I then left it to dry.

Using the Altenew 'Peony Dream 3D die', I die-cut the two solid pieces from the Yupo paper. I then die-cut a light pink for the edge, and a light peach and red for the centres. I glued these all together with Gina K Connect Glue, adding a black CS piece to the middle and popping up on foam tape.  All I had to do then was stamp the sentiment (from The Stamp Market 'Just Wonderful') in Versafine Onyx ink on white CS, back it with black CS and put on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

You have until Tuesday 25th February to link your projects to  The Flower Challenge and if your struggling with ideas on how to add leaves to your design, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see your creations in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Shona, I just love the alcohol ink die cuts. Works so perfectly and what a great way to use pieces that may appear too busy as a background but perfect in die cuts. Love it xx Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alcohol ink was perfect for adding variations of color to your beautiful flower, Shone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, great idea to use your Alcohol inks for the flower, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous! Love the leaves you chose to go with the peony die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...how gorgeous...I love it.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card again Shona, love the colouring too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete