Thursday 20 February 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #155

Hi there, hope your having a wonderful day. It tried to rain here again this morning but was a dismal failure but at least the sun came out super hot from lunch time onwards to brighten the day!!

I wanted to remind you all about our current theme at TIME OUT: 





We have this phrase to inspire you, which gives you lots of different opportunities for ideas. You could be inspired by one word, the whole phrase itself or maybe something it reminds you of....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Uniko and they are giving the winner a clear stamp set of their choice....and boy do they have a lot of gorgeous stamps to choose from!!


For my card I'm needing to build up my birthday card stash for the year, so focused on the word 'birthday', as well as 'confetti' as who doesn't love throwing confetti around:


I haven't done any rainbow ink blending for quite a while, so it was really nice to sit and watch a movie while adding more and more colour to the panel.

I started by white heat embossing the 'confetti' which is a stamp from Uniko 'Background Blocks Scattered Polka Dots' on a panel of white CS. I then blended a rainbow of distress inks, trying to get them to be as vivid as possible. Once I had finished I slimmed the panel on the sides. I added a panel of black CS to the card front and popped the confetti piece on some white foam.

For the sentiment I die-cut the Paper Rose 'Happy Peek-a-boo' die from white CS. This die is actually for cutting the word 'happy' into CS and takes away the pieces around the letters, so the CS piece stays together. I decided to use it differently by trimming it top and bottom and cutting close to the ends of the 'h' and 'y'. I did this 3x, glued them all together and then put on some foam tape.

The rest of the sentiment (from Create A Smile 'Make a Wish') was white heat embossed on black CS and glued to the die-cut with foam along the bottom. I also glued on some gold sequins from Neat and Tangled and covered the die-cut in Wink of Stella to add to the 'party' atmosphere.

 I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  where their theme is 'Add a Sentiment'.


You have until Wednesday 26th February to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer Sue of Sentimentally Sue have created to share with you. Look forward to seeing your entries in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Freezing here! But this card brightens my day! What lovely blending, done to perfection. And a joy seeing the sentiment in white and then the black popped up-such a great design-super card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love bright colours and for sure how you combined them here! A card that is so festive and brightens my day here... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning rainbow Shona - no rain to speak of here, yet - a shower Wednesday, and some spits a few minutes ago...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blending is the best...got all the rainbow onto your card.

    ReplyDelete