Saturday 8 February 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for February

Well hello there and thanks for stopping by!! Its Friday here in New Zealand so one step closer to the weekend. I had to work last weekend so I'm glad I've got two days free to catch up on my own garden and spend time with the kids. 

I also have 7 monarch caterpillars and one chrysalis in my laundry, and just found 5 more caterpillars outside so feel like I have a million children at the moment. Especially with our new kitten Remy who is proving very hard to house train. Her favourite place to wee is on my CRAFT DESK, which is ruining a huge amount of cardstock, finished cards etc. She cuddles with me a lot there so must make her feel safe......hmmmm....





I'm on the  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with a few cute tag ideas. I thought it would be nice to have a change from card making and these would make great gift tags or maybe party invitations:




 These were so fun to put together and there are so many other animals you could create with these dies. And there were no stamps involved either!!!



 For the cat I die-cut the 'To Go Cup Fri-die' twice from black CS and glued them together. I did the same with the lid using white CS. To add some 'softness' I die-cut the cup label from some white felt and glued to the cup. 

I then die-cut the face and tail pieces from black and white CS using the 'Huggable Critters' set. I die-cut the tail twice (for stability), glued them together and then to the back. I coloured the nose, mouth and inside of ears with Altenew Artist Markers and glued them all on the felt. I then used a hole-punch on the lid and added some pink ribbon.


For the dog I did the same for the tag using opposite black and white CS. And used grey CS for the label. I die-cut the tail, ears and face from black CS and glued into place. I used Gina K Connect Glue for both tags but found it soaked thru the dark felt (it was very cheap...). So to add some interest and cover up the glue, I got some leftovers from my hole-punches and glued them on. For this one I added some grey and white twine.


I love finding new ways to use my stamps and dies, so hope this has given you a few new ideas...... If your thinking you might like to buy the dies I used today, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself a few dollars!!






So happy to see you and I'll be back here again late this month with more project ideas from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! 

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Cuteness alert! Such adorable tags. Sweet, sweet, sweet! BTW, spray a little white distilled vinegar in you craft area, maybe the kitten will stop relieving herself there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweeties Shona - love how you have put these together
    I do hope Remy is soon house trained - that must be devastating to have card stock and cards ruined :( ... cuteness doesn't help overcoming that problem!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete