Saturday 19 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #3

We've just had the weirdest Saturday weather wise. It rained all day yesterday and into around 9am this morning. Then all of the sudden the sun came out and it was so incredibly hot. At 2pm though the clouds appeared and the temperature dropped around 10 degrees which was a real shock. The rest of the afternoon was all cloudy and then it started raining again with the sun coming out. Talk about Mother Nature being undecided!!!!





The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Halloween' and its time for Day 18 of my 'Halloweenfest' where I've been showing off a different Halloween card each day. No blood and gore for this one you'll be pleased to know:


This card makes me laugh, it makes me think of a Mummy ghost and her three little baby ghosts. Someone has been picking on them at 'ghost school' and she is going to confront the bully and scare some sense into him.....

I started by die-cutting the Mama Elephant 'Winter Forest Cover' die from black CS 2x and gluing them together with Gina K Connect Glue. I also adhered a panel of black CS to the card front. I really wanted some sparkle to the night sky so covered the card front with my Uniquely Creative Shimmer Pen, going over it a few times. I then glued the cover die over top.

The ghosts (from The Cats Pajamas 'Faboolous') were stamped with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I did the same with the pumpkins from MFT Stamps 'Witch way is the Candy'. These were adhered with double-sided tape. The sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Fab-Boo-Lous Friends') was stamped on white CS in black, backed with a piece of white CS coloured with Distress Oxide ink 'Spiced Marmalade' and popped on foam tape, along with some Persimmon coloured pearls from Studio Katia.

Will also link this to The Cats Pajama's Challenge #362 where their theme is 'Fall' and Fall activities like Halloween.



I was hoping to watch two new Netflix scary movies with Phoebe tonight but as the afternoon wasn't very pleasant outside and I was busy doing housework/groceries etc, she watched them without me!! She kept coming out and telling me how scary it was and how gross some of the scenes are in the 'Tall Grass' movie, so now I DEFINITELY need to watch them tonight!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Shona, your fun card is our winner for the Halloween challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog! It is adorable - please visit our winners post there to see how to claim your prize.

    ReplyDelete