Thursday 17 October 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #146

Hello there! So glad you came by and hope your having a fabulous week. I'm popping in to remind you all about our current theme at TIME OUT:





Its all about 'Encouraging' each other for this challenge, which I think is incredibly important. Its so easy to get caught up in all the annoying and horrible things that people do. A simple compliment or encouragement can make such a huge difference in someone's life, even a complete stranger, so I try to do it as often as I can.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Newton's Nook. They have so many gorgeous stamps and dies, lots of cute images and gorgeous floral designs too. They are giving the winner a $25 gift voucher!!




As you may have noticed I absolutely love rainbows and using rainbow colours. They always make me smile and feel good, so thought they might do the same for someone else too:


I've been dying to use this Picket Fences 'Botan Peony' stamp for months but never found the right time. Its so huge and beautiful, I thought it could handle being multi-coloured!!

I started by creating a 5.5 x 5.5 inch square white card base and adhering a panel of grey CS to the front. I then stamped the flower on some watercolour CS using Versafine Onyx black ink and immediately clear heat embossing with SSS Clear embossing powder. I sat down with a rainbow of Distress Inks and saturated the image with water. Using a round brush a simply touched the tip in different spots, watching it whirl around in the water, cleaned my brush and added another colour. I did one petal at a time but wasn't worried about colours running together. It took a while as I had to re-wet each petal as I went but I can't believe how vibrant the colours are!!

Once it was dry I fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam tape over the grey card front. I white heat embossed the sentiment (from SSS 'Beautiful Day') on a strip of black CS and put this on foam tape as well. To finish off I glued on some pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 23rd October to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your struggling with what to make, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer Shawna of The Grand Stampede have created for you. Can't wait to see your encouraging designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. I love rainbow colours, too and this is simply stunning! Colour really can be mood changing and I'm sure this would encourage anyone who received it. A great piece.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a stunning card Shona - love the vibrant colours and the way you have used them on this amazing stamp.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be a big stamp, but with this watercolouring also a great eyecatching image! Great card Shona! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! AMAZING flower! I love all those colors. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one card that will surely make someone smile! I adore it, these colours are out of this world. And your words are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow and wow! This flower colored in rainbow colors is simply mind blowingly amazing! Love the blend of colors, you did super!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FABULOUS, Shona!!!! A perfect image for rainbow colors. Your application of color came out beautifully. A fantastic card of encouragement. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bold and striking, Shona ... with delicious rainbow colours that really pop against the grey ... the simple sentiment is perfect with this showpiece peony! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete