Monday 21 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #5

Hi everyone. Its been a beautiful day weather wise, so great to be in the garden. However we had to take our cat Scribbles to the vet for tests as she has been losing lots of weight while still eating the same amount, and she is constantly hungry. Its not looking good but just waiting to hear the results....





This is my final entry for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where the theme is 'Halloween'. I decided to create a Halloween card for every day in October (this is Day 20) and so far so good. I've been sharing them on my Instagram account and the comments are really funny. Some people are shocked but then when I share a card that isn't covered in blood etc, they are asking for the gore!! So far I haven't offended anyone (well, I don't think I have.....) and most people see the funny side of the cards.

This card is one of my favourites. I remember when I was a little kid seeing the trailer on tv for the first Alien movie. It absolutely petrified me as it was 1979 and I would have been 6yrs old. I can't remember what age I was when I finally saw the movie but thought it was incredible. And I've really enjoyed every single sequel that's come after that too. So this is my 'homage' to one of the greatest horror movies ever made:


What would I do without this Ellen Hutson 'Leading Lady' stamp?? She is the perfect shape for so many of my Halloween cards. Thankfully they have liked the cards and not banned me from buying anything more from them!!

To start off I needed to create an 'indoor' scene', so I adhered a piece of Modascrap 'Let Your Soul Bloom' patterned paper on the card front for the wallpaper. For the floor I used a piece of wood veneer paper.

I stamped the Ellen Hutson 'Leading Ladies - Binge Watching Lady' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam black ink, coloured her with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut her out. I also did the same with the Kindred Stamps 'Bursting Love' alien. 

If you haven't seen any of the 'Alien' movies, the 'face alien' is like a parasite that comes out of an egg, attaches to your face and impregnates you with an alien in your chest which bursts out when its ready to be born, killing you in the process. I needed an egg so I went online looking at 'egg' images from the movies and sketched this shape. The egg is kind of oval and splits at the top, peeling back with four flaps. I coloured it with my Altenew Artist Markers, trying to work out how to make it look darker on the inside of it. I am not an artist AT ALL and can't draw to save myself but.....it doesn't actually look too bad...you'll have to let me know what you think!!

I adhered the egg and lady in place on the card front. I then glued the 'face alien' to her face and added lots of Glossy Accents to it, dripping it on to her shirt etc, and putting lots on the egg and floor, to show how gooey it is inside of it. Now I needed a sentiment and what could be better than this one from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together'. I white heat embossed it on black CS and popped on foam tape. I wonder what Sigourney Weaver and Ridley Scott would think of this???

I'm also going to link this to The Cats Pajama's Challenge #362 where their theme is 'Fall' which includes Fall activities like Halloween, Thanksgiving etc.


Better take the dog for a walk and sort out something for dinner. Luckily we have loads of leftover roast chicken from last nights dinner, so that makes it a little easier......

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment