Sunday 20 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #4

I've had such a busy day!! It was so beautiful and warm outside, so caught up on some of my own gardening. Did lots of laundry, vacuuming and all the other boring things. I then cooked a roast chicken and vegetables for dinner which always takes forever, especially the dishes afterwards. I'm about ready for bed!!





Before I climb into my bed with my iPad and Netflix, I wanted to share my Day 19 'Halloweenfest' card with you. And since the theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is all about 'Halloween', this is my fourth entry. 

Time to bring back a bit of blood and gore:


I have so many animal stamps I really wanted to use more of them for a scary card. This one was inspired by the image of the three cats. They look like they are looking over or out of something and seeing something crazy, so I thought a dog eating a human would be crazy in their world!!

I started by stamping the cats from Your Next Stamp 'Scratch Pad', the dog from MFT Stamps 'Furever Friends' and the boy from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together' with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. 

I needed to show the outside of a house and used this paper from Modascrap 'Let your Soul Bloom' by adhering to the card front. I then die-cut the Studio Katia 'European Window' from white CS, glued the cats behind it and then a piece of Rosies Studio 'Arabesque' paper behind them to be the wallpaper inside the house. This was then glued to the card front.

I used a grass die from MFT Stamps on some green CS and glued across the bottom of the card. I cut the leg off the boy (giving it a ragged edge) and after working out where that and the dog would be, added lots of red 'blood' with an Altenew Artist Marker, also adding to the images. I glued them in place, along with the sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Furever Friends') white heat embossed on a strip of black CS popped on foam tape. Ta Da!!

I'm also going to link this to The Cats Pajamas Challenge #362 where their theme is 'Fall' and all the activities in Fall like Halloween.


Hopefully this hasn't freaked you out too much and you can see the humour in this card. For me they are just a bit of fun and I love coming up with different scenes and 'punny' sentiments that would normally be used for more lovely cards. You'll be glad when November finally comes around!!

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment