Friday 5 October 2018

The Flower Challenge #25

You wouldn't believe it but its our 2nd Anniversary at The Flower Challenge!!  I can't believe its been that long, seems like just the other day I received an email from my friend Aileen (who runs the challenge with Viv) to see if I would like to join the DT for a 'flower' themed challenge. Time flies when your having fun and I'm very lucky to be on a team with such fabulous people too. And you can just imagine how large my floral stamp collection is now.....

And because its our Birthday we have a prize package for one lucky person. All the details are on The Flower Challenge Blog!




This month we are all about 'Adding Sparkle' to our floral projects. Its not something I do very often with flowers but I recently purchased some sparkly embossing powder that would be perfect. You could heat emboss, add sequins, glitter....basically anything that puts a sparkle in your eye!!

I purchased a new floral die recently and the first thing I wanted to try was heat embossing it:


This flower is heat embossed with WOW! 'Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter'. Its a little hard to see the sparkle in this photo, here's a closer look:


It looks amazing in real life and when you move it around in the sun its spectacular!!

I started off by die-cutting the Simon Says Stamp 'Floral Frame' from white CS. I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed. To make sure it had good coverage and dimension, I heat embossed it again two more times.  

I die-cut the floral die two more times from white CS and glued them all together. I die-cut it again one more time from white CS but this time I cut away the flower part and trimmed around the edge so I could make the perfect frame to adhere on top. 

To put some colour behind the die I blended Distress Oxide ink 'Picked Raspberry on the card base and then adhered the flower over top.  I stamped the sentiment (from SSS 'Kind Flowers') with the same Distress Oxide ink on a strip of white CS. I glued it to some grey CS, fussy cut around it to create a frame and then popped it up on foam tape. I finished off with some gold and pink sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #107 where their theme is 'Do it with Dimension'.

You have until Thursday 25th October to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if you need any help with ideas or inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created. We will be back on the 15th October with some more projects for you and can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me...so this card is A-MAZ-ING! Love that sparkly gold against that strong and beautiful pink. I own this die and would never have thought of doing this. Must be why you're Shona the Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty Shona. This is stunning, loving the dimension and sparkle.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That big flower die is the star of the show, Shona. It looks especially sparkly against the pink background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sparkly card here Shona, loving the pink and gold colour combo too ;) hugs viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Love this amazingly detailed die, the sparkle really comes through against that fabulous pink background.
    Awesome card Teammate.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea to heat emboss the flower diecut, it really shines on your card! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete