Tuesday 30 October 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Well, its the day before Halloween today here in New Zealand and I've spent the day at home with a sick Max and lots of rain. So while binge watching a new show on Netflix I thought I better make some more Halloween cards before this month ends!!

 
The theme for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Spooky/Halloween' and since I already had some images coloured and fussy cut out, all I had to do was create a scary scene:


This all looks innocent enough until.........:


The reason I purchased this 'Faboolous' stamp set from The Cats Pajama's was for the little chainsaw image. I thought it was genius for a Halloween card and could be put in the hands of any innocent stamp image....although this one doesn't look quite so innocent....

I started off by stamping the little doll and chainsaw image on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I also heat embossed the 'Boo' from MFT Stamps 'Witch way to the Candy?' and the front sentiment from Paper Smooches 'Bitty Bungalows' in white on black CS and die-cut them with circle dies from Couture Creations.

I then die-cut the 'Fancy Door Frame' from Mama Elephant but only used the door part. I worked out where it would sit on my card front and blended some Distress Ink 'Black Soot' to create the darkness.... I glued the doorframe in place, as well as the doll and the sentiments. And that was it!!

I'm also going to link this to The Cats Pajama's Challenge #351 where their theme is 'Holiday'.



And will also link to the Stamplorations October CAS Card Challenge where their theme is:

 
Its 10pm here so definitely time for bed. Not sure if Max will be going back to school tomorrow but my Mum can come and look after him if need be. Monday was a holiday and missing today means I only have a 3-day week, so need to fit in as much weeding as I can. Its supposed to rain again on Thursday so cross fingers for me it passes us by....

We also had our biggest earthquake this afternoon for months. I could actually hear it coming and Max and I huddled in his bedroom door frame. Luckily there was no damage and no-one hurt but boy oh boy was it scary!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Shona! You always make the most hilarious cards! I love your sense of humor - so clever and cheeky. Thanks for always making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYSTARS! Your card is absolutely awesome! You make the best 'horror' cards EVER! So thrilled you shared this in the STAMPlorations gallery! Earthquake? Yikes! Glad you're okay!
    hugs and love,
    ~c

    ReplyDelete