Thursday 4 October 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #119

Hi everybody!! Its been a glorious sunny day here today and I spent the day gardening, mainly trimming hedges. Everything is growing so fast at the moment but at least its keeping me busy!!


I wanted to remind you all about our current challenge at TIME OUT. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so we've incorporated that into this challenge theme. You could make a card for a friend, maybe a friend going thru cancer or send a note to a friend to remind them to do those breast checks!!

And funnily enough I just received my first appointment to have a mammogram!! In New Zealand we are given free 2-yearly mammograms from the age of 45yrs to 69yrs. And since I turned 45yrs in August its finally my turn. I've never had one before and being rather large in the 'chest department' I'm a little nervous about it but also curious as to how it all works. It certainly also pays to do regularly breast checks yourself to catch things early too!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. They have a fantastic variety of stamps and dies for cancer support and reminders. The winner of this challenge will get a $25 gift card to spend in their store!!







For my card I was picturing sending a card to a friend who had just been diagnosed with cancer, and I went with the 'one-layer' twist of this challenge because I think simple is best for this sort of thing:




I started off by stamping and heat embossing the ribbon from CFS 'Hope Ribbon' in white. I then used my MISTI and a variety of pink inks from Waffle Flower and Hero Arts to stamp the brushstroke image from CFS 'Breathe' over the image. This way the white ribbon would be exposed by the stamping. I then stamped the sentiment from CFS 'Calling All Sistah's' with black ink and glued on some pink sequins from Neat and Tangled.




As I'm part of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team I wanted to share with you my special code which will save your 15% from your purchase, just incase you hadn't seen these stamp sets before!!



You have until Wednesday 10th October to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your needing any ideas or inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Marieke have designed for you. Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant...just brilliant. The the pink tones overlaid with the floral ribbon. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, they do look after you over there, NHS are not so good here! I adore how you used these stamps, such a creative idea and what a super, soft and subtle result. Sorry to hear about your friend and sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and dreamy, Shona ... the white embossed ribbon is so delicate over the swooshy pink stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutey FANTASTIC!!! I love all of those gradient pink swooshes and embossing that hope ribbon on top of them was just the best idea ever! I could not love this card more!!

    ReplyDelete