Tuesday 9 October 2018

The Cats Pajama's Challenge #351

I feel like I haven't done a blog post for weeks but had three blog posts last week. Think its just because its the school holidays and between working and doing things with the kids, its all a blur!! The weather has been super fantastic so lots of jumping on the trampoline and playing tennis/basketball, so everyone's very happy.





Recently they had a New Release at The Cats Pajama's and I ordered a stamp set and die which arrived yesterday. Usually new products sit on my desk for ages before being used but I inked these up right away so I could join the TCP Challenge!! 

The stamp set is all about 'halloween' and I have so many ideas on what to do with the images. I purchased the die for my Christmas cards but suddenly realised it would make a cool background for creepy creatures....:


This rabbit was one of the reason's I wanted this stamp set, he's so creepy with his 'blood spattered' apron and meat cleaver!!

I started off by stamping the bunny from TCP 'Faboolous' with Gina K Amalgam ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured him with my Altenew Alcohol markers and fussy cut out, adding on the bloody bits.

I cut a panel of black CS the same size as the card front and die-cut my new TCP 'Round Tree' die from it. I glued the bunny to the back of it, making sure the cleaver and one of his ears poked thru the trees. To create the background I blended Distress Ink 'Black Soot' on the white card front and also added dots of white gel pen for stars. I then popped the die-cut panel on top with black foam.

The sentiment (from TCP 'Just Let It Happen') was stamped 3x with Versafine ink and clear heat embossed on a strip of white CS, which was also popped up on black foam tape. To finish off I added some white gel pen to the whites of the bunny's eyes and glued on some black half-pearls. I think its super creepy!!

I started watching a new scary movie on Netflix last night called 'Malevolent' so going to jump in bed and finish watching that now. Netflix are so good with their movies, so many different genres and all the stars seem to be clambering to star in them. Maybe going to the movies will really become a thing of the past at some stage, which is such a shame as I love the big-screen 'not being in your own lounge room' feeling. Although sitting in bed with chocolate and in your pjs is pretty good too....

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Considering your penchant for HORROR, it doesn't surprise me at all that you put these stamps to use, immediately. Good grief girl, you really ROCK the scary card market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering your penchant for HORROR, it doesn't surprise me at all that you put these stamps to use, immediately. Good grief girl, you really ROCK the scary card market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix, and the comfort of one's home, is truly wonderful, Shona... but I'm with you about that BIG screen experience! Wouldn't it be fun to spend the whole day there together? xx
    I LOve your spook-a-licious card!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete