Wednesday 10 October 2018

The Cats Pajama's Challenge #351 - Entry no. 2

As you all know I LOVE horror movies. I get it from my Mum and we have watched so many together over the years. Last month we went to see The Nun, which I found to be mega-scary, it had so many jump scares and the Nun herself is so creepy. I was trying to work out how I could incorporate this movie into a Halloween card and realised that once again, the Ellen Hutson 'Leading Ladies' would come to my rescue!!





Since the theme is 'Holiday' at this months The Cats Pajama's Challenge this gives me a perfect place to show you all my Halloween card ideas.

Ellen Hutson is probably going to ban me after seeing this card. Last year I used the 'Gardening Leading Lady' to make a witch who was holding a leg from a child and then created another card where I turned her into the 'IT' clown. This year its the 'Crafty Leading Ladies' turn:


This is what the card looks like when you take it out of the envelope.


The door will pop open a little so you can see someone (or something) is waiting inside.

 You can then open the door for the full reveal!!!! So happy with how she turned out, it took ages doing all the clothing but she definitely looks the part!!

If you've seen the film, the Nun quite often appears in the dark hallways, corners and doorways.....you see her yellow eyes first and then she bursts out at you. So I wanted to create an all black card, like she was appearing from the dark shadows....

I started off by stamping the Ellen Hutson 'Crafty Leading Lady' on some white CS and fussy cut her out. After looking at lots of images of The Nun, I cut a piece of white CS to go across her forehead. It then took forever to create the headpiece. I ended up by stamping the top part of the image on black CS and cutting it out around her face. I coloured her hair black as it would show either side of her neck and I added white gel pen around the inside edge.

I stamped the image again on black CS and cut around her shape up to her neck. I then flipped it over and glued it to her body. I created a white CS piece to be her collar and adhered that as well. I was then able to glue the headpiece on, colour her shoes black and use a silver gel pen to draw on her cross necklace.

I used a yellow marker to colour around her eyes but her mouth was a bit of a problem. Because she has such a big smile I used a black fine tipped pen to open the mouth up and colour it black. I used a white gel pen to create some teeth and used a red marker to add some blood.

For the doorway I blended some Distress Ink 'Black Soot' on the card front to be the background. I cut a panel of black CS the same size as the card front. I worked out where the door would be, drew some pencil lines and then used a blade to cut the edges. I also scored the folding side of the door. I added lots of black foam to the back of it and adhered to the card front. 

 All I had to do then was put the Nun in the doorway. I stamped the sentiment (from Hampton Arts) several times on white CS with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed. I cut it out and blended some more of the black Distress Ink around the edges. This was put on foam tape across the door so you could use it to open it up!!

I'm also going to link this to a new challenge that I found. My friend Toni of Frankie Helps Craft has a similar love of 'spooky' cards and she belongs to the Cards with Envy Challenge DT and their current theme is 'Spooky'. I think this will fit in just nicely!!

 

Wow, this is a long post, didn't realise I had done so much to put it all together because it looks so simple!!

My main worry with this card is that I might offend someone by using a Nun. I'm very sorry if this happens and hope they understand that its just a bit of fun.

There are a few weeks to go till Halloween and who knows what else I might come up with....watch this space....

Take care
Shona
 
 

4 comments:

  1. so incredible my sweet friend...you have quite the imagination! just love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot tell you how much I love this card. It's so creepy but cute at the same time...(do you think that's possible?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how fun this card is when you open it is!!! very cool!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH be still my love-to-be-frightened heart! @ellenhutsonllc and Brandi would be so happy to see you taking on of the Leading Ladies to the Big Screen, Shona! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete