Wednesday 24 May 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 'A Bit of Sparkle'

Hi there everybody!! Its the end of Wednesday for me here in New Zealand and I had a very busy gardening day. There is so much to do in getting gardens ready for Winter and I love cutting everything back. And there wasn't a frost this morning so that was a bonus!!





The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'A Bit of Sparkle', which is something I don't think you can ever have too much of. Although I must say working daily in a garden doesn't leave much time for wearing anything sparkly, so I have to sparkle on my cards instead!!

I decided it was time to create a shaker card as I haven't made one in a while and it was a perfect time to use a sparkly embossing powder:


I need this sentiment on a t-shirt!!! I wanted to keep the design super simple so the sentiment could be the star.

I started by cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. I then cut the large die first and glued a piece of clear acetate behind it. Lots of foam tape was added to the back, especially around the negative space to keep the shaker intact. Because I knew I would have my sentiment in the middle, I decided to add foam tape behind where that would sit too. That way the sequins etc only go around the outside channel, not fill up the whole die-cut area.

I wanted to keep the colour of the shaker pieces to pink and clear, so added everything I could get my hands on that was really small including small sequins and microbeads. To enclose the shaker I put a panel of white CS over the foam strips and trimmed the edges so they couldn't be seen. The whole shaker could then be adhered to the card front.

For the sentiment I die-cut the smaller shape from white CS and heat embossed the sentiment using silver glitter embossing powder from Zing. I wish you could see the sparkle in real life!! I added foam tape to the back of it and pressed down over the acetate, along with a few extra clear sequins.

The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti 'Shine from Within'. The die-cut shapes are from Studio Katia 'Stitched Creative Nested Squares'. The rose gold sequins are also from Studio Katia. The clear and pink sequins are from Neat and Tangled. The pink and clear seed beads are from The Ton and the pink micro beads are from Papervine.

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Scrapbook Boutique Challenge - May 



CAS on Sunday Challenge  (Shaker Card)


Everyone is asking me where dinner is. I'm tempted to say its in the kitchen waiting for you to make it but I don't think it would work. They would all be having ice cream sundaes for dinner if that happened.....but maybe that's not a bad idea.......

Take care
Shona
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this stunning shaker card Shona! It suits this month's mood board perfectly and we're so pleased you shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Shona. I love all the little inclusions in the shaker pocket! It's CAS but it works!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Stunning CAS card, Shona. Great design and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet shaped shaker card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and simple and so wonderful Shona, so glad you could share this with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous shaker card Shona!

    ReplyDelete