Saturday 11 April 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge 23rd March

Did you see the latest release from Waffle Flower? Oh my goodness, I want it all!! So many fantastic new stamps and the dies are incredible, especially the Doily Square Die...its my favourite!! And they have new inks as well. How I wish I could win the lottery some time soon.....


Unfortunately I only have one Waffle Flower stamp set (the 'Loved' set which is beautiful) and I couldn't quite get my head around incorporating flowers with this inspiration photo. But I loved the colours and clouds.....:



This one started with stamping a paintbrush stamp three times in the middle of the card front. I die cut a piece of vellum into a waffle-edged square, a cloud from grey CS and 'thanks' from some gold CS. I heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in white and added a pinky/peach coloured enamel dot. The cloud and word were adhered to the vellum and that way I could attach the vellum to the card without the glue being seen. 

The paintbrush stamp is from Paper Smooches 'Postive Strokes' and the sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'. The cloud die is from Couture Creations and the 'thanks' die from Paper Smooches. The enamel dot is from Papervine.

I'm going to enter this into the Virginia's View Challenge # 14 where their theme is:



And as I've used Paper Smooches stamps and dies, I will enter the Paper Smooches - April Sparks Challenge - Week 1 where their theme is:





We finally succumbed and lit the fire. Its so lovely and cosy now and we are getting ready for dinner. Haven't made any more cards this afternoon. Ended up drawing pictures with Max for the past two hours which has been wonderful. Its great drawing with him because he thinks I'm amazing (but believe you me, I draw like a five yr old......). Thank goodness for stamps and dies I say!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Shona

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this. Pink and gray is one of my favorite color combos. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the inspiration, Shona ... such a gorgeous colour palette ... and lovely with the vellum! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Shona! I love your gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nike free 3.0 australia sadness, where they dare ask for money with the inspectors. Quickly waved and said nike free 3.0 australia not money, not money. Oh. Just the child but also wanted to close nike free 3.0 sale up the wallet, nike free 3.0 australia Grandmother to see his nike free 3.0 online car and tomatoes have already saved the midst of which he nike free 3.0 australia had just made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great stamp and beautiful BG for the layers you put on! Great take! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just too cute and so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete