Monday 27 April 2015

CASology Challenge - Week # 143

Its just after 11.30pm Monday night and I really want to go to bed but I only have a few hours to get my last two cards on my blog before the challenge closes. So please bear with me if my spelling and grammar goes a bit crazy....


Ombre really seems to be the technique of the moment and I'm gradually getting better at creating it, so it was great to see it as the cue word for CASology this week. I really pushed myself with my card this time, not only with ombre but stenciling as well and thankfully it all worked out:



This design was actually my second idea as the first was a complete failure, thank goodness for back-up plans! And it turned into a baby card which is something I usually find very hard to create.

I laid the stencil across the card front and masked off a strip with lots of washi tape. I used my mini blending tool and Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar to create the ombre look. After removing the stencil I die-cut the word from the card. I then die-cut the 'sweet' from a pink paint chip and twice from white CS, gluing them all together. I adhered a piece of white CS behind where the word had been cut and inlaid the word with glue. The sentiment was stamped in pink and added a few pink sequins for bling.

The 'sweet' die is from The Crafters Workshop. The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essentials'. The sentiment stamp is from Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Co-ordinates' and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Clean and Simple)

Sugar Pea Designs Challenge # 15 


Happy Little Stampers - April Sketch Challenge


Happy Little Stampers - April CAS Challenge 


On Saturday we attended a function for people remembering ANZAC day. Its a public holiday here in New Zealand to remember people lost at war and it is the 100th Anniversary of World War 1 and the battle at Gallipoli. Max started singing with the school choir this year and they were invited to sing. I was immensely proud of not only Max but all the children as they sang so well. And the hundreds of Returned Servicemen and families loved it. It will be something Max remembers doing for a very long time.

Take care
Shona

8 comments:

  1. This IS really sweet Shona!! :) Love the ombre technique through the beautiful stencil, and the large sentiment die-cut. Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    And how proud you must have been to have Max singing at this very special ceremony! Congrats to Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and have a background stamp-Penny Black or Hero, that has the same feel, I think I will try it and mask off parts. I have a SSS die also similar, but Big Shot died awhile back and not in current budget.
    Congratulations to your son. That takes bravery to sing before a large group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this works so well for our Clean and Simple challenge as well, Shona! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very crisp with your stencil! I have a few but never think to use them! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stenciling, Shona. You achieved the ombre shading beautifully .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Great job on the stenciling. It's so pretty! I love the pink. You've definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I love your ombre technique and that sentiment is just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning, Shona ... and perfect! Yay for Max singing for ANZAC day ... you're right to be so proud of him! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete