Thursday 18 February 2021

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #181

 Hello there!! Its been the strangest week here weather-wise. February in New Zealand is normally the hottest month of the year but it feels like we've missed the month completely and near the end of March, going into Autumn. The nights have been really cold and I've been in my Winter pjs instead of sweltering with all the windows open. Its supposed to be really hot tomorrow (after another cold night) so wouldn't surprise me if people started coming down with colds etc....

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day. Its not something my husband and I celebrate and I completely forgot all about it. However I've loved looking at all the entries for this TIME OUT challenge, there's so much love out there in the world. The photo for this challenge is all sweet and 'hearty' with lots of different ways to be inspired.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are very sweetly giving the winner of this challenge a $25 gift voucher to their store!!


For my card I couldn't help but be inspired by heart shapes and managed to find two dies that fit together perfectly:


I always enjoy a good die-cutting session, however my Cuttlebug is nearly 10yrs old and making funny noises, so not sure how much longer she is going to last.....

I found a die from Simon Says Stamp 'Heart Vent' that cut stripes across a heart shape but didn't cut out the outline. So I used one from Uniquely Creative 'Nordic Hearts' that fitted around it so well, they were made for each other!

I die-cut the SSS die twice on a panel of white CS. I also die-cut it from red CS. I glued a spare piece of white CS behind the white panel so I could inlay the red strips. After die-cutting the heart frame from the same red CS, I glued it around each shape and then cut around it. These were put on the card front using foam tape.

The Simon Says Stamp 'Love' die was die-cut 3x from pale pink CS and the shadow from black CS. These were glued together and then over the heart. The sentiment (also from Simon Says Stamp 'Love') was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS, backed with some dark pink CS and put on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia silver pearls. I also added some Wink of Stella to the 'love' die-cut for a bit more sparkle.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #169  where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Favourite Technique' and you know how much I LOVE die-cutting!!


You have until Wednesday 24th February to link your projects to the TIME OUT   challenge and if your needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Nancy of Nancy's Creative Mess have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see all your 'loving' projects in the Gallery!

Take care

Shona

4 comments:

  1. Perfect card for the photo, so bold, love it. I like the stripes you picked out and the black for the sentiment-perfection. And a super idea to pop them up like this so it all is even more bold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vertically stacked hearts, Shona. That love die is one of my all-time favorites. Wonderful card and take on our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your stunning hearts on this amazing card Shona - the vertical stacking is incredibly eye catching.
    DH and I never really celebrated Valentines, but I did usually pick a red flower from the garden for him in the mornings...
    I too have an old cuttlebug, and the sides are split, and lift apart if I put too much pressure on, so I invested in a Gemini Jr last year...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers...this is so well done. Love the way those hearts are stacked and that lovely sentiment. Hope your weather straightens out before autumn.

    ReplyDelete