Thursday 4 February 2021

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #180

 I'm back!!!! After a much needed break over the holiday period and January I'm back with cards to inspire you for the TIME OUT challenge!!! I've really missed seeing and commenting on all your amazing entries, so can't wait to see what you come up with.


We have this fantastic phrase to inspire you for this challenge. You could pick one word or maybe use the whole phrase to get ideas for your project, its completely up to you!

The Sponsor for this challenge is Newtons Nook Designs and they are giving the winner a $25 gift voucher to their store. They have so many cute stamps and dies, I'm sure there will be no problem finding something to buy!!

For my card I already knew which stamp set I would use as soon as I read the phrase:

 

I couldn't think of a better stamp set to use for this challenge. Its by Uniquely Creative 'Reading Past your Bedtime' and one of my favourite sets.

I stamped the images on white CS using Gina K Amalgam black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out.

I wanted to create a 'room' feel for the card, so I used the 'Arch Window' stencil from Funky Fossil Designs, blending over Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean' and 'Chipped Sapphire. I then used a white gel pen to create some snow.

All I had to do then was adhere the images in place, pop up the white heat embossed sentiment (from the same stamp set) on foam tape and then glue on some pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 13th February to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care

Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture you've created. It looks a little bit like my settee, piled high with books and all around the floor, too. Beautifully designed. It's brilliant.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Shona - love it. That's me to a 'T' in the winter, in fact I have just put a book down after spending a couple of hours in it this afternoon.
    So glad you have had a refreshing break
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your scene is awesome. I LOVE that window in the background and all the stacks and piles of books around this reader. Fabulous make for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete