Tuesday 21 January 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - January 2020 New Release - Day 1 Preview

Hello there, its a very exciting day because we are previewing new stamps from Funky Fossil Designs!!!!


There are five new stamp sets and I'm sure your going to love them as much as I do. Today we are showing you 'Quirky Owls' which are illustrated by the amazing Kimma Parish:



I just love these images and there are so many ways you can use and colour them. I decided to go with a 'Valentine's Day' feel and my daughter Phoebe actually gave me the idea to colour them with purple:


These were so much fun to colour and even though I've hardly ever used the colour 'red' in the past, its now quickly becoming my favourite accent colour.

I started off by stamping the two owls with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS and colouring them with my Altenew Artist Markers. I then fussy cut them out and added foam tape to the back.

I then used the Funky Fossil stencil 'Butterfly Heart' on white CS, blending over some Distress Ink in 'Festive Berries'. I dried it with my heat gun and then fussy cut around the shape. To make the red pop, I cut a panel of black CS the same size as the heart and adhered to a 4.5 x 4.5 inches square card base. The heart was popped up on some white foam and the owls popped on top. I used a little extra foam tape with the smaller one so he sticks up from the bottom one.

All I had to do then was stamp the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on a strip of white CS, put it on some foam tape and glue on some Neat and Tangled sequins with Gina K Connect Glue.


To see what the rest of the Design Team have created with this stamp set, pop over to the Funky Fossil Blog. The New Release will be available this Saturday and we will be back again tomorrow to show off two more sets. Can't wait for you to see them!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and I love the combo of purple and red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful stamp set Shona, and i love the way you have used them on this fun card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing Valentine...so colorful and happy with those two precious owls. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete