Tuesday 28 January 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #3 for January

Hi everyone!! I am absolutely melting while typing this so please excuse me if I make any spelling mistakes or it doesn't make sense....my brain is very dehydrated......Its been super hot for the past week and today I spent 5 hours trimming hedges which was extremely hard. Phoebe and I even went on the trampoline this afternoon with the sprinkler underneath, it was heavenly....





I'm on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with this sweet little shaped card, a good one for a little child maybe:


I had a lot of fun putting this together, although I don't know how I ended up with one foot darker than the other.....

I started by die-cutting some dark brown CS with the Huggable Critters body die. I then used the stitched-oval dies, stitched-paw dies and small oval die with white CS, cutting an extra stitched-oval die to cut in half and make the ears. I used Waffle Flower ink 'Coffee Loves Milk' and a mini-blending tool to colour all the pieces and glued them into place with Gina K Connect Glue. I then die-cut all the detail pieces from black CS and glued them in place, cutting up the whiskers to create bear claws.

For the heart there was one the size I wanted in the 'Hearts A2 Panel Fri-Die' so die-cut that area from some pink glitter paper and also twice more from white CS, gluing them all together and then to the paws. I then added Wink of Stella to the nose and feet details.

I wanted this to be an opening card, so came up with this idea:


I adhered the bear to a top-folding white card base, making sure the top of the head was just above the fold. I then cut around the body and the card was made!! I stamped the sentiment from the 'Little Huggables' stamp set and used the same Versafine Onyx ink to stamp the bear paws from the stamp set that comes with the 'Huggable Critters'  set.



 Hopefully this will give you a few ideas for making shaped cards and for using this die set if you have it. If your thinking you really must buy it, you can use my special code to save yourself 15%!!



Have a fantastic week and I'll see you back here next month with some more CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  designs.

Take care
Shona

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card Shona - and a great way to use your dies. Love his claws!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete