Thursday 27 December 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #125

Hi there everyone!! I really hope you all had an incredible Christmas Day and are still celebrating (and eating) with all your family and friends. We had terrible weather, it poured with rain all day which didn't work well for putting up Max's new trampoline but we still all had fun, eating, eating and more eating..... And now that Christmas Day has come and gone, I can relax and enjoy my two week holiday which will mean I will have plenty of time to finally make some cards!!





Our current TIME OUT challenge theme is 'Celebrate Friends, Family and Life'. And what a perfect time of year to be doing that!! You can make whatever project you like too, especially good for anyone wanting to show off Christmas photos!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations who have sponsored and supported our challenge for so many years. Shery (the owner) is so generous to us on the Design Team and she is giving a $15 gift voucher to the winner of this challenge. AND we will be doing a random draw for someone to receive a goody bag from their store too!!

I've wanted these Dogwood stamps for so long, especially since I have Dogwood trees in my garden which are gorgeous in Spring time. Was so nice to colour them in after not doing any colouring for weeks:

 
Wish I could make my flowers as beautiful as the ones in my garden, just need to practice, practice, practice!!!

I started off by stamping the flowers on the card front using Gina K Amalgam black ink, that way I could colour them using my Altenew Artist Markers. I wanted to keep it CAS but decided it needed some sort of dimension, so die-cut around it with a Studio Katia 'Stitched Oval' die. I added a panel of white CS behind the hole, die-cut some white foam and glued the flowers on top with some Gina K Connect Glue.

The Just Because Phrase Die was die-cut from black CS and glued into place with the same Gina K glue, as well as some peach and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You have until Wednesday 2nd January to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your struggling with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Shona! The simple design makes the flower really pop from the card base and your coloring looks very soft and pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your stamped the sentiment! Gorgeous! And enjoy your two weeks off - sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 weeks of fun now-enjoy! Your colouring is so soft and pretty. I love the slight shading around the flowers-beautiful card Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon after Christmas, Japanese people start preparing for the year-end and New Year’s events.
    Compared to Christmas, many of these events are based on Japanese tradition and are deeply related to religion.
    The end-of-year party is called “bonenkai” in Japanese. “Bonen” means to forget (the worries of) the past year.
    People are busy with events on New Year’s Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shona this is magnificent - love it! the dimension and the gorgeous die cut sentiment are the perfect accent to the beautifully coloured image.
    It only rained here overnight and was overcast Christmas morning, then there was one brief but heavy shower mid-afternoon, and amazingly its still sunny!!
    Summer may just have come, finally.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your dogwoods look beautiful & fresh. So sorry your Christmas day was so wet...ours was too but only periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty, Shona ... there's a wonderful glow to these delicate blooms! Enjoy your break! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Shona. That flower image is so beautiful and your coloing is wonderful. I hope you get lots of crafting time in over your holiday. I had 10 days off - they are almost up and I made 2 cards. lol. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete