Wednesday 29 August 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge #104

Well, my wish came true and it rained today!! Max was also happy as he's been sick all week and we could stay home together. After doing all my chores I spent most of the afternoon having a 'Simon Says Stamp' marathon (while watching Netflix movies with Max), making last minute entries for the SSS Flickr Challenge #104 as their theme is 'Anything Goes'!!  I don't have many SSS products so its good to see how far I can stretch them!


I just adore this SSS 'Beautiful Flowers' stamp set, especially all the sketchy details. I think its gorgeous just in black ink, so decided to use that to create a simple CAS background. I simply stamped the large image with Versafine black ink in my MISTI, then turned the card around and stamped the otherside. Easy peasy!!

I think yellow, black and white always looks so stylish, so I die-cut the SSS 'love' from a yellow paint chip, along with a few others in black and glued them all together. I then die-cut the 'love shadow die' from the card front and also twice more from black CS. I added a panel of white CS behind the card front and inlaid the black die-cuts on top of each other. I then glued on the love die-cut from the card front on top but slightly higher to show the black underneath. The yellow was glued on top.

I white heat embossed the rest of the sentiment from the SSS 'Love' stamp set on a strip of black CS and adhered to the card front, along with some yellow sequins from Neat and Tangled and black beads.

I was going to put another card on my blog but everytime I set at my computer, Minnie the 'giant' kitten jumps on to my desk top and on to my shoulder, which makes it very hard to type. She's been doing it since she was a baby and I think she's not realised how big she is now. She loves to jump on my shoulder from anywhere high and when I reach down to pick her up, she stands up on her back legs with her arms raised, like a little toddler. She's definitely the 3rd baby I didn't get to have......

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Exquisitely done. LOVE yellow, as you know, so this one just makes me happy. Keeping that floral background black and white is the perfect solution to showcase the sentiment which is gorgeous in itself.
    Apparently, you've trained Minnie well. She knows who's the head of the household. Cats always are opportunists. Is her name short for Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom and warfare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Shona - love the colours too! Yes, cats can be bossy, and that's why there is the saying "Dogs have masters, cats have staff!" I am owned by a caramel tom, Tinka, who doesn't like being held or carried, but loves to snuggle next to me at night.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, I'm sure you don't remember it, but Hazel sent me some gorgeous papers a few years ago, that I loved so much! Your stamped panel reminds me of that paper - and I adore it! Yellow and black? Always so beautiful.
    Now about Minnie - our Calvin always rode on Tom's shoulders, and the Vet Techs allowed him to do it to them, too. Gosh I miss my boys! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete