Friday 18 May 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - May New Release - Day 4

Hi there and welcome back!! Your just in time for Day 4 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps May New Release!!

Today we are introducing Sands of Time 2 stamp set and Hourglass Fri-dies: 


This screams 'shaker cards' to me and what a beautiful way to show someone how much you love them!!


I couldn't resist, I just had to make a shaker card and had so much fun putting it all together!!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front. I then stamped the Heart to Heart Background Stamp using Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' in the middle of it, to add a bit of interest. I then die-cut the hourglass  and glued a piece of acetate behind it. I also die-cut the top and bottom details from a dark pink paint chip and glued on to the acetate.

After adding LOTS of foam tape around the edge of the hourglass (on the back of the die-cut panel) to hold the beads, I started putting in some beads from The Ton and some nail art beads too. Before they could escape I pressed the card front down on top of the panel to seal it all up. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white CS, popped it on foam tape and glued on a few sequins from Neat and Tangled.


After spending so long putting the shaker card together, I decided to keep this card super simple and I really wanted to show off the detail of this particular stamp image. Its so perfectly done and has so many teeny-weeny hearts, I felt it needed to be the star of its own card. So I used my MISTI and three shades of pink ink (Hero Arts 'Bubblegum', Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' and Altenew 'Blush') to create this ombre look. All I had to do then was stamp the sentiment in black and glue on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Well, that's it!! That's the end of our May New Release and I hope you love all the new products as much as I do. There are loads more projects on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog where the rest of the Girl Fridays has used the new products too.

As I've mentioned all the new products are available right now and your more than welcome to use my special code to save yourself some money!!





Thanks so much for joining me for this New Release and I'm sure I will see you back here again very soon.

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Delicious...no other words for it...just delicious. You're right this die screas shaker and boy did you put it to excellent use. And your second card is a CAS delight. Unique, clever and fun...perfect.

    ReplyDelete