Wednesday 16 May 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - May New Release - Day 2

Hi there and welcome to Day 2 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps May New Release!! We have another stamp and die set to share with you today!!

Introducing Best Day Ever stamp set and Best Day Fri-dies: 



I love these so much, the size is perfect and the font so dreamy. These will be used ALOT!!


For me, nothing makes me happier than rainbow colours on a card, so I had to use them with this stamp!! I used the largest Bubble Box Fri-die on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS but to make it fit my card base I trimmed down the sides. To add some interest along the bottom I die-cut one of the Lovely Links Fri-dies.

I heat embossed the 'Best Day Ever' on the die-cut in white and then used a 'rainbow' of Distress Ink colours to watercolour the background. I also used the same colours to paint the die-cut along the bottom. I added a piece of grey CS to the card front, as I find dark grey makes bright colours pop even more. The panel plus the die-cut bottom link were then popped up on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I created this card with my Mum in mind as I gave it to her for Mothers Day. And she loved it!!

I started by heat embossing flowers from the 'Best Day Ever' stamp set and the Pretty Posies stamp set in white on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I watercoloured them (once again with rainbows in mind....) using my Gansai Tambi watercolour paints. I used the matching dies for the 'Best Day Ever' flowers and the matching Posies Fri-dies for the rest.

Using a die from the Bubble Box Fri-dies on some black CS, I glued on the 'Best Day Ever' die-cut, which was put together with 2x die-cuts from white CS and the top one from gold CS. The black panel was put on foam tape. Then using double-tape behind the flowers, I put them into place under it. I then finished it off with some gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I hope you like how I used these new products and please pop over to the 
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see how the other Girl Fridays used these new goodies too. 

And the good news is that all of the products released this week are already available to purchase now. Don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15% on your shopping!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here tomorrow for more new goodness on Day 3!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. You're killin' this release. These two are as fun and happy as yesterdays. Just love how your various methods of coloring are making your cards come to life. You have an terrific eye for design, too.

    ReplyDelete