Friday 23 March 2018

Your Next Stamp Challenge # 85 - Entry #2

Yesterday while it was dark, gloomy and raining I kept thinking how only the day before it had been so hot and sunny. Mother Nature sure can be fickle but it got me inspired to try and capture some sunshine on a card!





When I was creating my first card entry for the current Your Next Stamp challenge, I coloured a few other images from the 'Insanely Happy' stamp set and I thought one in particular would be perfect for a sunny card:


When I was a little girl I had very golden, blonde hair and I spent hours skating up and down the street, and our driveway, in my metal 'extendable' skates. It was so much fun and even though I fell over ALOT, I still kept on going!! Wish I still had some skates now....

I grabbed the MFT Stamps 'Radiating Rays' stencil, along with some Distress Inks 'Worn Lipstick', 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Mustard Seed'. I adhered the stencil over the card front and blended away till I was happy with the 'sunshine'. I popped the image (which had already been coloured with pencils and fussy cut) on some foam tape and stamped the sentiment and music notes, all from the same stamp set. And for a bit more shine I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Its still raining here today (Friday) and supposed to keep doing so till Sunday. Maybe I need to make a few more of these cards and put them around the house to bring the sunshine in!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Well this little darling should bring you loads of sunshine. Honestly, she looks so happy skipping through those rays of sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! Another fabulous background! Thanks for joining us at the YNS Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Colorful and FUN. The sunburst works so well to add motion too. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card :)) So fun and so fresh :))

    ReplyDelete