Friday 23 March 2018

Altenew March Inspiration Challenge - Entry # 2

Its not very often I get the chance to make more than one entry for a challenge, so even though I was missing out on work yesterday, it gave me more time to relax and think of a few other ideas for my card! Usually I'm rushing to make it at the last minute, so its nice to create in a calm space....





I was still thinking about this colour combo for the Altenew March Inspiration challenge and couldn't get away from picturing flowers in these colours. So I created a card with lots of flowers, especially in my favourite colour:


I stamped the background for this card first, using my MISTI, Waffle Flower 'Daydreaming' ink and Altenew 'Adore You' stamp set. Using the Altenew 'Peony Dream 3D dies' I die-cut some paint chips in peachy and pink colours. They were glued together with a soft yellow paint chip used for the middle of the flower. This was popped on some foam tape on the card front, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. The sentiment (from Altenew 'Frosted Garden') was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape too.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Floral Frenzy'.


I better start packing up my car to head over to my Mum's house. I take so much stuff with me, more than what I really need but I'm always worried I won't have a product to make a particular design. Sometimes if I get a design idea in my head, I can't make anything else until I've made that card, so wouldn't want to be stuck like that for a whole weekend!!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. You were so successful with this colors Shona! It was a real challenge to me!
    I also love you first entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is just as pretty as the first one. You've nailed this challenge to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shona! the background you've created is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete